hey out of all the posts on here. yours caught my attention. ive been on 130 mgs of methadone for 2 years at the clinic and am wantingf to detox myself off completely. im so miserable and tired of having to take it just to maintain. please help.

Hey yeah there is such a thing; Ibogaine: is an experimental substance derived from the West African root Iboga, which has recently been reported to cure drug addiction. I would not begin to endorse this. There has been reported deaths, and severe psychological damage done due to improper setting and medical care. Essentially ibogaine will put you into a 48 hour LSD like trip where you cannot walk. Some say it allows your mind to think in a different way where it changes perspective. If you're interested there is a film based on a man who decided to try this. Its titled "Facing the Habit" From 2007. If anyone else has knowledge or has actually tried it I would appreciate your insight.
Chears,
Kyle

Cheers,

Kyle

look into a LEGAL herb called "KRATOM"... it's great for withdraw symptoms... n you might be thinking of "IBOGAINe" which is a hallucinegen n you probly dont wanna risk loosin your sh*t while your detoxin... DO RESEARCH, TALK TO REAL PEOPLE, NOT DOCTORS!!!! n folks, theres absolutly no way you can get clean without any withdraws at all!!!! your gonna feel a little bit shitty but you gotta just suck it up.... sleeping pills n caffiene n healthy foods are my recommendation when your only doing a few MG's of methadone a day... just my thoughts tho.. everyone is different

OH MY GOSH i just spent the entire day reading about how i get off this horrible medication, i noted every vitamen i should buy i have prepared for the worst ( took time off work) then i read yor post it sounds like the most effective way to get off, literally spend hours of reading so Thank very much this makes total sense, however i do think vitamens are very Important, it is also up to the individual to get off and stay off,
all the very best to everyone on this rough boat may we sail to sucess and live without Methadone!

you need to slow down, don't rush you body and brain. Because the more discomfort you feel the more the consequences of using get smaller. I know you want to get off it asap, but giving your body time to properly adjust makes all the difference. Going down that fast at first might have been ok but the closer to 0 you get, the more your body notices. I would go back up till you feel comfortable again and then separate your decrease by more days apart and a smaller amount. What you did is like jumping off a cliff to me. And I've detoxed off methadone before too fast and ended up using because the pain and withdrawal was too much and lasted too long. (for weeks) Ive been on methadone for 6yrs.

My daily methadone dose was 325mg a day. Please read this. I was on heroin for years and then found out about a methadone clinic that would help me detox. The methadone clinic didn't do a damn thing to better my life. All they did was "stabilize" me on methadone. I had to go back every day to get my "dose". I live 107 miles away from the closest methadone clinic and at the time I had to work at 8 a.m. every morning and was a single mom. I would have to get up at 3 a.m. just to have enough time to get to the clinic and back in time for work. At the end of the day, I was to damn tired to even enjoy time with my son. I eventually lost my job because I couldn't stay awake. Over time, I was awarded "take outs". If you piss clean and meet all the clinics requirements for 3 months, they give you a "take out". Its a dose they allow you to take home with you once a week so you get a day where you don't have to go to the clinic. Every 3 months you earn another take out day unless you f**k up. Eventually, over time, I earned enough take outs to where I only had to go once a month. The day came when I had to make a decision. If you want to try to detox off of methadone, the BEST way and the HARDEST way is to COLD TURKEY it. Methadone bonds to every part of your body more then heroin ever could. Looking back, I wish I would have just detoxed off of heroin again (which I accompliced once before). A methadone detox is hell on earth. And I won't lie, It will be the worst thing you have ever experienced. But once its over and done with, YOU will be amazed with what you went through and have a new outlook on yourself. The detox itself is going to have a lot of side effects. When you feel like giving up, please don't. My daily methadone dose was 325 mgs a day just to keep me functioning and the day came when I had enough. If I can do it, so can you. Hang in there.

I came across this site because I was at my pain management Drs. Office today being treated for my Chronic Migraines. I also have had Fibromyalgia for over 20 years and have been on Methadone for about 18 years. My dose started at Take 1 or 2 Tabs every 8 hrs as needed for pain. I tried to take 1 tablet, my pablet. The milligrams are 10 mg each. So, that's a total of 20 mgs that I've taken for over in wasn't lessened and so after about an hour and a half I took the 2nd tablet. So, I have been on this dose for 18 years and then about a yer ago, I had moe pain and was so uncomfortable with taking the 2 tabs every 8 hrs., that I was put on 2 10 mg tabs every 6 hrs. So, I've been on a total of 80 mg of Methadone daily for a year and 60 mg for 17 years. Well, today, while at the Dr. he stated that he was going to wean me off of the Methadone and thought my Migraines might improve  by doing so. take the methadone for Fibromyalgia and Myofacial Pain, and I have knots in my body that cause me severe pain also. Anyway, I went to the check out and found out he was weaning me, since I couldn't understand him with his language so well in the office. Well, the secretary told me he was weaning me off of the Methadone. He was taking me off of the 2 10 mg tabs of it every 6 hrs down to 1/2 a tablet every 6 hrs. for 10 days. Then after 10 days, I then take 1/2 tablet every 12 hours, for the following 10 days, down to 1/2 a tablet every day for the following 10 days. Once I realized he was actually weaning me off of this and so fast besides I cried my eyes out all the way home. I need this for my pain and have been on it for my pain for so long and to just take me off to see if it helps with my Migraines I'm having and then to wean me off this fast seems rather odd to me. I mean he didn't even prescribe me anything else for my body pain. It makes no sense to me. I've not ever taken heroin, but have been placed on this after having the pain and first taking Vicodin ES, and after being on it, it stopped helping my pain so I was then after a few years placed on this. The dose has stayed the same for all thes years until recently and I just wonder if I take only 1/2 of a tablet 5Mg)  in the weaning schedule above, will I have a lot of problems trying to do this or is this s normal weaning dose? I'm beside myself and have a migraine from all the stress of him suddenly taking me off of this and then not even replacing it with anything else for the pain all to try to get reid of my Migraines. can someone please help me out here? Thanks!!!

ive been on methdone from a pill addiction i have gone from 120 mgs to 19mgs and im at a brick wall i have severewithdraw symptoms please help wat do i do?should i stop paying three hundred of my families money and go cold turkey how long does it take?

:-(

Dear stuck, I have read through many of these posts. I find it ironic you and I are BOTH at 19 mgs exactly. I started detoxing from 80, I was taking orange tabs and dropped 10 mgs every 7-10 days until I hit 30. I stayed there for about 3 weeks, dropped to 20mg and liquid form 3/3/13. Tuesday 3/12 I started my regiman of going down 1 mg every 3 days, I had the nurse (or LPN) stop when I hit 10. But I have been having the WORST emotional and crazy mood swings. I do take anti-depressant but I doubt it has much affect on me. My legs and muscles all hurt crazy and I can't sleep. I can't eat because nothing tastes good. I feel so upset because my life is not right finanically or emotionally. Only people who knows and I can relay on is my bf and sister and it is hard to find other people to talk about this. I am thinking of going to a NA meeting or calling around for a counseler (because the drug counseler at the clinic is nice but not educated enough for me to relate to) As far as a schedule - which I found my partially successful with tolerable symptoms (I was able to attend class and take care of 2 kids) go down 10 mgs a week, if you need give yourself 2 weeks. once you hit 30/40 maybe go down only 3 - 5 mgs a week (I went down quicker because my bf said he "ain't paying for that chit anymore") When you hit 20 - stay there until you ready to tritate down 1 mg a week (some staff told me 1 mg every 3 days) But I think that is too quick. Being at 19, tomorrow I am scheduled for 18, but I thinking letting the dosing nurse know that I want to go down 1 mg every week instead of 3 days. I can't handle these crazy mood swings - my withdrawal symptoms is emotional, mental rather than physcial (even though I have trouble sleeping) I want to feel like I did before I got on this cr*p and even before that. I am tired of crying all the time.

Hello all, we all forget the psychological aspects. Plus hormones. I was on methadone for chronic pain from 60 to 120mg per day. Dosing changes did not bother me until below 30. My testosterone was 50% of normal. Emotionaly screwed up. Fear of withdrawel etc. Do not forget the hormones, diet, etc. Neurontin 300mg daily plus clonidine plus hormone replacement made it a breeze. Would have been less breezing if I had a support mechonism. Next is to take long acting naltrexone. One shot a month blocks any euphoric high or any opiate effect. Soon you say crew it. No effect from the dope. Must be careful you can still overdose and quit breathing...... do not forget the psychological aspects. It is much more powerful than the physical...literally mind over matter....... good luck

don't reduce so fast, it has taken you years to get addicted it will take a long time,don,t woorry ,keep up the good work

After 12 hours I can feel I need a dose too my muscles hurt and I have anxiety take my last dose at 6 pm and sleep and at 6am I have to take my dose to feel better

My son was on Methadone for 5 years at 120 ml. He is on day 71 off Methadone and seems to have chronic fatigue. Will he ever be normal? He used to have so much energy. He is still not sleep that well but better then at day 20. Thank you

Don't worry. He will be fine. It just takes time. I know it's hard to watch and even harder to go through. I was on Methadone for 6 years. And got up to 100 mg. It took me 2 years to wean myself off. I was very fatigued for a few months and had a lot of trouble sleeping. I have been Methadone-free for over 2 years now. And feel completely normal. Tell him to hang in there. It definitely gets better. He is very lucky to have you by his side. I wish you both the very best.