Hi I am 17 years old and I have been smoking weed on and off for about a year now but just recently the last two months I decided to toke up regularly every single day. My grades/job/social life was all fine but some days I would feel like "not - myself" if I didnt smoke, so the solution was to smoke again. I still love smoking weed but the after effect or the down as some people call it, is the reason that I want to quit.

I have been sober for about a week now and I have no cravings and I know I wont get any because If i want to stop than I just stop. The first couple days I lost my appetite and only wanted to sleep, I did not want to converse with my school mates and I just felt depressed and lost basically. Today now I felt like complete sh*t at school and I cant explain why. I woke up this morning and I was happy I told my self it was going to be a good day and I conversed with my family and wanted to talk to them.. But as soon as I reached school and was placed in a social setting (table with 6 school buddies) I suddenly got quiet and only spoke when spoken to, my mind was literally empty, I mean there were thoughts there but they disappear?? This past week has also been tough for me due to relationship problems, car being totaled, quitting weed, etc. I dont feel like those are what are effecting me but they do pop up in my head and it only makes sense. I know this is starting to get a little confusing right now but just read on please. Usually I have a lot to talk about but today I just sat there and listened even in my other classes. I just felt lost and confused and I dont know why!! And even if I did talk I wasn't confident, what I was saying I would just drift off and just bluntly end the conversation, akward stares all around.. 

Most of the time I am a very happy individual and I talk alot I have opinions to share and im active in conversations. I dont know whats wrong with me or why this happening.. I want to blame it on weed withdrawals but Im wondering if I should see a doctor/therapist to better understand what is happening to me. Please if you have any advice, share it! 

Cannabis withdrawal symptoms include insomnia, loss of appetite, restlessness, anxiety, extreme boredom, night sweats, minor headaches and a few other things. You could just be going through some very minor symptoms while your neuro chemistry is going back into balance. 

yeah its so weird, ill feel completely normal and be a social butterfly and want to talk to people and participate. I just found out having an energy drink really helps, it gives me a whole lot of energy and what usually makes me hyper just makes me normal I guess? I just hate the fact that ill feel normal and then completely unlike - myself if you know what I mean.. I hope tomorrow is a good day too.

Also you could just be going through some hormonal changes or something, When I was 17 I was pretty damn moody all the time. As soon as i got to be about 20 my mood became a lot more balanced.

You should check out Yerba Mate. It is this tea from South America. It''s really good for you and makes you feel energetic, alive and focused. Plus it has caffeine and practically has every single vitamin, mineral and amino acid your body needs to survive. If I was you I would check it out, im not kidding when i say it's a amazing plant.

Im not sure if your having Cannabis withdraws or not, but keeping a healthy diet is key to how you act and feel. Think about all food as a drug. Greasy fast food gives you a bad trip and make you feel like garbage and natural organic food gives good trips and makes you feel euphoric.

I smoked daily for several years. Give it about a month, at least thats how long it took for me, then you will realize how sedated and out of sorts you were. Mainly how dulled your mind was, this goes for most drugs, dulled in the intelligent sense not the spiritual, awareness sense (but the heightened perception that you get from some other drugs is short lived and you often pay a heavy price especially for over use, which is more than once or twice a month in my opinion, but some drugs have metabolites that stay in your system for a long time, like weed, in the fatty tissues so thats another story). Stop smoking, dont use other drugs, its not worth it. Ive done Weed (even still use it about once every month or two cause of extreme anxiety and I have a prescription), Opiods of all kinds, Mushrooms, LSD, MDMA, DMT, LSA (morning glories), and a few Ive probably forgotten. My Advice, meditate, pick up a by Konstantinos, such as Summoning Spirits, or Nocturnicon, DO NOT ATTEMPT THE SUMMONINGS OR RITUALS, but do the meditation practices, do the Kabbalistic Cross, The Less Banishing Ritual, etc. They will focus your mind and open your senses. More so than any drug ever could.