try this once you empty your bowels in the morning, take 1 imodium and wait about 15 minutes for it to start working. by doing this i feel more in control of my bowels then youll be ready to go out and do what you like. it hs worked for me. try it..

I have a solution to the BM problem.  Extreme problems require extreme measures.  The solution is basically like fighting hatred using love.  "Love, not war."  That's all I can say.

Hey all,

I am just starting to go through these problems that are mentioned. I have read everyone's posts and I think I may be able to help some of you cope.

For the past couple months now, i have noticed that my bowel movements have become more worry some than before. I have a lot of friends and go to college and work, so i have been trying to hide it from everyone as best as i can, since this is very embarrassing.

The key is....don't! Talk to some of your closest friends and family about it. I did, and they all seemed very supportive. Yea, they laughed a little at first, but then they each told me something that they are uncomfortable with themselves. We help each other out now.

DO NOT stop enjoying your life because of this. if you do, then it destroys you. you all need to destroy it. Go out. Live your life and don't hold back. Every single person is going through something they find embarrassing or uncomfortable, you just dont know about it. Talk to people you are close with. Make an effort to go out together. Drive there in the same car together. Go to a local bar or restaurant. If you need to pull over, your friend/family will understand and they can probably relate it to something else they are dealing with.

Its honestly a lot to do with your diet and mindset. Don't eat gassy foods before work/school or going out to reduce the chances of having an accident. Think positively, like "the bathroom is only 5 min away, i will be totally fine". Talk to yourself if you start feeling anxious, and tell yourself that everything is going to be ok. it actually helps a lot. 

I am 24. My friends LOVE going out to downtown and other night-life places that are a good 20 minute drive and they always want to carpool so i am stuck in high anxiety situations. If you feel the urge, tell your friends to pull over somewhere. yea, they will laugh for a couple minutes and you will feel embarrassed, but when you are actually at the place you want to be, then no one even remembers the car ride anymore, and you can enjoy the rest of your night.

I also have another embarrassing issue, which is that my stomach growls ALL THE TIME. especially in quiet situations like being in a classroom, meetings, etc. I have been through a lot of embarrassing situations yet, i try not to let it get to me and not let it ruin my life. I still have many friends and they have all heard my stomach growl AND have heard me tell them to pull over to the nearest fast food joint. I buy them a large side of fries for everyone in the car after so they focus on that more than my issue.

There is hope. Realize that you can have control over the situation and that things are going to be just fine, but you have to believe it. A lot of my friends have to go to the bathroom before we leave to go somewhere too.

dont let your marriage or children suffer from this because they dont need to. YOU have to make the effort to try. you and your spouse can go to a restaurant close to your house so you dont have to worry too much. Whatever it may be, dont give up and be depressed over it. I cant stress that enough. If anyone has any questions or want to know more about how to change your mindset, feel free to shoot me an _[removed]_. I hope this helps :)

Hi !

im 17 years old and its literally a everyday battle for me not knowing when and IF i go somewhere that doesnt have a bathroom... or if im in a situation were i have to ask or a difficulty to leave to a bathroom (school). I feel a little more comfortable in a charter school. i have this pressure that makes me think i always have to go! i sometimes try to say its all in my mind... but i think it all started when i had a laxative accident in public, but at the same time im having my stomach churn all the time and things... i agree that i do feel more comfortable at home cause i know theres a bathroom available when i please but the thought of having to wait to go restricted by something in school or public is a fear im getting so sick of, i have to revolve my life around this problem and its so stressfull that i cant go out and have fun what i love doing without worrying about what route id take IF i'd had to go! i even cancelled fun events just cause i didnt feel comfortable... i have taken anxiety pills they dont work to well they raise my blood pressure last i checked... i get nervous for things easily...IS it cause im not eating and sleeping right?! recently ive only been eating once every 24hrs and sleeping from 3am-12pm or so ...

PLEASE SOMEONE help me figure out whats wrong my parents think its a phase but not me...

Hello Friend, Let me give you some free advice that I have paid a lot of money for. Having suffered with loose bowel movements for years and having been in some embarrassing incidents during that time I thought I should have a Colonoscopy (a medical procedure where they stick a camera up your ass and have a good look around). They are looking for cancer mostly but also for any shape defects or anything that is out of the ordinary. Good news was they found nothing unusual. Bad news was they couldn't tell me what my problem was/is. Doctor explained that the stomach is full of billions of good and bad bacteria( I am sure you have seen the adverts for good bacteria products) and that my stomach probably has a bad mix and that I should try a course of pro-biotics to help restore the balance. I had previously tried this and they made me feel a bit sick so I stopped. He also said that the Colonic cleansing that I had undergone (a potion that you can purchase from all drug stores) so they could perform the inspection would have flushed all bacteria out of my system and that re-set would probably help. I forgot the name of the exact product but it was an AGGRESSIVE cleansing not a mild one. It literally rinsed the whole system from top to toe. Here is the good news for you my friend and other sufferers..... IT HAS HELPED A LOT Despite the fact that I eat copious amounts of wheat and dairy and chili and other bad products I have very little problems now. Going forward the doctor suggested that once a year I do the same thing albeit maybe with not such a strong cleanser and that should see me through. I hope that this post makes you feel better and if you follow my advice, I am sure that you and others will see a considerable uplift in your fortunes very shortly. If unfortunately it doesn't work for you then maybe try a course of PRO-BIOTICS. Take care Sameshitdifferentday

Hi everyone it's good to know there are so many of us. Had the same problem, visited every doctor there is , did all the examinations, and my life was just getting worst. I ended up quitting my studies, losing my friends, everything. I tried everything. Imodium pills, carefully planned nutrition routines and many more. So, i visited a psychiatrist who prescribed some medicine to ease up the anxiety that makes our bowels move. It worked. Then i started reducing and finally stopped the medication and it all came back. So for the last 4 years i'm in psycho therapy. No medication, just some probiotics now and  then. And i feel great. No incidents. an example. When you feel fear your instinct commands that your body needs to be ready to fight or run. your heart beats faster and blood pressure increases. When you dont run all this blood has to go somewhere, and someone has to use it. In our case its bowels. In other ppl it can be something else. I'm not proposing you should start running in the train:P If you learn to control your instincts by processing emotions with your brain, then problem solved. And it will help you in everything you do in your life. 

For me the only way to solve this is through therapy with a psychotherapist. 

Good luck

Have you got better? I read your story and couldn't believe my eyes I thought as if you are writing about me, I really wish us get over this.

Tomorrow I will be having a meeting with a specialist doctor for this problem, the good thing I read all the comments there were and have picked all the factors to mention to him. I will get back with what sort of advice I may get from him and will share it with everyone. But I insist one one thing, this problem is distructive and I plead all the husbands, wives, brothers, sister, parents, children, and friends to help those who suffer let's be nice and generous, if you take 5mins of your time to get someone in need to the closest washroom that 5mins of sacrifice will make someone's day a beautiful day; we claim to be humans, then where is humanity gone when you ignore other humans problems. I read cases or situations where people are divorcing their partners and ignoring others problems, try to fill their shoes and see if you can live with it for one day. Plz help boost confidence of the victims and be proud that you are not only shaped human you are also acting human.

Guys today I met with a specialist. I explained all the symptoms that none are different from what everyone here suffers. I was not given any tests but I am told that I have developed a fear of instability when I get bowel movements and the doc said that let me first get you comfortable thus she nsisted that I should take Imodium 30 minutes prior to going out of the house for work, long drive, fear of getting stuck in traffic, interview,school, exam and you name it. ( Anti Diarrhea is the generic form very cheap at Costco and Walmart: 400 of them for $6) she said I can take up to 6 a day but she said you wouldnt really need as many, also drinking lots of water is a good thing to prevent constipation. She also recommended that I should eat lots of large flake oatmeal which will help for a full evacuation. Guys let's try this and hope for the best that things may start to change for us. She said the fear has been built in years and this habit won't go away overnight and she said she has experienced success with this method in short times. I have another appointment with her in a month and I will update as soon I give the experiment report.

Yes your doctor is right... i have been taking imodiom over a year definitly eases the urgency.. but the trick is dont avoid things because of this terrible mind gut connection.. worry will get worse if you do... what we resist persists... Continue living and try to put the worry aside.. dont fight it, accept it and thank your mind.. as your mind is trying to protect you by getting into the fight or flight mode. My daily routine is 1 imodiom after 1st bowel movement.. works like a charm. :)

That really is a confidence booster, I really thank you for the precious piece of advice, hopefully all who are suffering from this problem will apply this method and enjoy life.

Guys I have been following the method of taking one imodium 30 mins prior to leaving the house and it has been working best for me. Anti diarrheal is the generic for of imodium and is very cheap at Walmart and Costco plz try it you will feel better and confident but make sure you drink slightly more water than normal to avoid constipation.

Sufferer, god to hear this is helping, I also want to share to the others that are canceling plans because of this uncomfortable feeling should be avoided. Keep living your life the more you avoid things the worse it will get. I know because I avoided a lot and made excuses for everything lost friends, jobs and was semi agoraphobic because of avoidance. You got to make your best effort to keep living your life your brain is a powerful thing. Until I started seeing a psychologist who started pointing out that the more I resist the more it will persist I am slowly greeting my life back. Bad bacteria could be a culprit but 99% is your thought process. Here is some good news after 14 years I am finally getting on a plane and flying out of the country on January 2nd. Mind you I am nervouse about it but I am still going to do it, just tel your mind, thanks for letting me know about the nervousness but there is nothing to fight or flee from. I will be fine and continue the task at hand.
Here are some other tips you can try:
Take probiotics regularly.
Eat fermented foods
Lay off dairy and sweets
Immodium after 1st bowel movement of 1/2 hr before leaving the house.
Use mindfulness ( living in the now) get rid of the what ifs.
A good book to read is ( the mindfulness solution) Ronald D. Siegel
My favorite motivation audiobook is wishes fulfilled. Wayne Dyer. Also can find this on YouTube.

Good luck to all.. Gotta start packing.

Coda

hi there, i suffer from all the same symptoms as the rest of you & everytime i visit the doctor they tell me it's just IBS, live with it !!! i have been to CBT & that didn't help, (wish there was a magic cure, i'd pay handsomely to get my life back) the reason for me posting, was someone asked about spinal pain, YES i have a sever spinal pain & back problems & have had for years....are the 2 Connected ????? 

thanks & here's to us all getting a little better day by day ;-/ 

Omg that wS like reading about myself...if someone else is drivinv i have the biggest panic attack and i have to make them stop so i can pee/poo in a bush somewhere...this anxiety is ruining my life and thats all it boils down to is anxiety, because like yourself once i actually get to the toilet there is naff all there lol. I have to kno every location of every toilet. Im at my worse on the underground...in peoples cars...and waiting in qeues :'(. Its actually destroying my life. Im going to a festival in 4 weeks and im kind of wishing now that i never booked it coz im dreading all the toilet buisness to come.