I quit smoking 5 years ago with the help of the patch and Zyban. I’ve heard that another name for Zyban is Welbutarin, but I am not sure if it is true. I tried with the patch alone before that, but it didn't stick, although I like the patch much better than the drug since it's not obvious and you're not constantly popping something in your mouth.

A good friend quit with the help of Welbutarin which I also think is Zyban. I believe he told me that they found that Wellbutarin is a depression medication, but was also helping people quit smoking so they repackaged it and renamed it Zyban. I have heard that the best success stories come from that combination: Zyban (or Welbutarin) and either the patch or the gum. I don't even remember who did the study but lots of people were successful quitting cold turkey, using hypnosis, etc. The highest % of success came from the combination group.