Hi, Im in my 40's and have drank regularly for years. More of a night cap type of drinking style, a couple drinks at the end of the day. My drink of choice has varied over the years but for the past year its been vodka. I dont have a stomach ache when I drink, and until the past month never got stomach aches (well unless I over drank which is then understandable) but now I seem to have stomach aches daily. I havent thrown up but definitely feel like it somedays. Any ideas on this, or anyone else experience it. I also had my gall bladder removed 8 years ago, so I dont know if over time my body is just falling apart on the inside or if its not related to the alcohol at all. Any insight is more than welcome. Also, its been about 10 days straight, and with enough pepto or drinking that either makes it go away or covers up the ache should Im wondering now if I should go to the doctor.

I think that definitely the best option is to go and see your doctor who will order you to have the blood tests necessary to examine the liver function (which might be endangered both by drinking and your gallbladder removal) and who will point you to the GI specialist who will be able to determine if maybe the drinking, combined with the bile that after gallbladder removal goes directly to your stomach, has damaged your stomach mucosa and potentially caused gastritis. There really is no point in waiting and if there is some problem you definitely cant cure it with either Pepto or alcohol, you obviously realize that.

Thanks so much for your input, colon cancer also runs in my family my grandmother had it but i really was hoping to avoid those tests.....they're pretty yukky/embarrassing.... :-D thanks again

You're welcome! But, blood tests will be the starting point to asses the liver function, so nothing too bad. And you don't have to tell me how does it feel to have gastroscopy and other, really yucky stuff... Unfortunately I know how awful it is, but I still think that it's better to know all the facts than to, basically, lead yourself to even more trouble. Not to mention the extreme anxiety and pure fright when you know that something is very wrong.