New Reply New Topic Followed by 10 people

sickandtired22-

I had a friend who had similiar problems. They were found to have a cyst on their prancreas. That led to additional problems.
Don't give up. Find another doctor.
My friend went through tons of test, looked like c**p, lost alot of weight, etc and the doctor they were seeing could not figure out what was wrong.
Finally, Thank God, they were transfered to a larger hospital and the docs there found the problem right away.

We know when our bodies are amiss. If you think something is wrong continue finding out what it is even if you have to go to 2,3,4 or more doctors. I have had to do that before~ I knew something was not right with me. After going to 3 doctors, them not finding the problem, I (and I stress "I") told the last one I had the symptoms of thyroid disease, asked for a blood test and guess what? That was exactly my problem!

I do not know why a great majority of the medical profession thinks we are putting on an "act" or the illness is "all in your head" when they can't figure out what is wrong with us.

Good luck~

I had bad back pain, vomiting, and pain in between my chest cavity. I was pregnant and thought that was why i vomiting, and I was sleeping on a futon so I thought that was why I was having back pain. Turns out I had gall stones, sludge, inflamation...basically if it could go wrong I had it. They hospitalized me and kept me on antibiotics. Because I was pregnant no one wanted to operate. That was in May 2007. Today March 10, 2008 I got online to read up about it again because Im sure that Im having problems with my gall bladder again. DONT hesistate to go to the doctor. After I left the hospital I also got Jaundice really bad. Not a good thing when youre pregnant.

Hi, I have been having pain for a year or more, right side under ribs and sometimes as low as belly button, have had acid reflux very bad, nausea, bloating, and diahrea. I have had ultrasound- no gallstones. endoscopy -came back clear. loads of blood and urine tests -nothing. Pain is still bad and becoming more frequent and I too am living on very little food. I am a 32 yr old female, I have also been suffering with kidney pain for about the same length of time (nothing showed on ultrasound for kidneys either). Can any-one shed any light on what could be the problem?

i've just started having problems for the past couple months.
it's sore on my right side to my back....
it comes back every couple weeks....
i can eat though..at least recently...my weight is up and down constantly
i haven't gone to a doctor or hospital yet...honestly i drink or do whatever to get rid of the pain...doesn't work
i feel stupid goin for something like this

crummey wrote:

Please tell me what the symptoms of gall bladder problems are? What can induce gall bladder dysfunction? It happens to me to feel dull pain at the right side of low stomach. I’m not sure about it, and just am suspicious if it may be gall bladder disease.

um well for the normal cause of it is usually under the ribcage on the right side thats what he doctors usually say but me it was way different I have been having problems with my stomach for over 5 years it started off as heartburn but it was more than that you know?

Like it wasn't just a pain it was something that made you not be able to do anything and usually if it's heartburn you can take anti acids and they make it go away or like prilosec or something but in my case it was different I had to go get a endoscopy and they only found minor gastritis which isn't so bad,so after that they said I needed an ultra sound and they found out that it wasn't at good so after they gave me the results like 2 days later they told me I needed to go get a hida scan done which is normally this huge machine and you lay down and for like 2 hours you lay there and they put needles in your arms which make you feel nauseous, then they said they would have the results in like 48 hours so I waited and the told me that I needed to talk to a surgeoun because I needed surgery right away because it was something called Gall Bladder Disease which is mostly inflammation of the Gall Bladder, that was what was making me sick and feel bad all these years, it wasn't contracting good & thankfully they didn't find any stones or anything like that but it was pretty bad so they made an appointment with the surgeon so I can go ahead and get it out and I just did a week & 4 days ago yay me! lol so yeah that is my story and so it could be your gall bladder that is making you feel that way you never know if I were you I would go ahead and talk to your doctor

All I can say is that I am so glad I did because if I would have kept going any longer my stomach would have been really really bad so I am glad to have that out of me and start a new stomach :) lol

I get severe chest pain..It feels like someone is literally crushing my chest and the pain refuses to go away underneath my breast area on the left and right side. I The attacks almost always happen late at night and carry on at least until the next day. I get extreme nausea and throw up everything I eat. Then I throw up everything else lol. I cannot stand being nauseated, and it carried on for most of the night and sometimes longer. The worst case I have had so far was a week ago. I threw up and was nauseated for 3 days straight, and couldn't even keep water or electrolyte popsicles down. It's scary when you get so sick and do not know what is making your body sick! I found out that I do have gall stones though and will be having the surgery soon hopefully.

I have read your comments while surfing on the internet for herbal meds. I recently had pains in the mid section of the abdomen and was wondering between my liver, intestine, heart, gall bladder, and pancreas. I am cautious in what I eat. This might help relieve your symptoms and let me know. Avoid eating spicy food; tomato paste, alcohol or wine - they are acidic. In my case I ate spicy food, drank recently a cup of coffee, and the tomato paste that triggered the uneasiness and bloating.

I tried milk thistle that helped relieve the symptoms. I also drank green tea and used in powder form. This tea can cure gall bladder symptoms, liver problems, heart, cholesterol, etc. I avoided sugar granulated and instead purchased organic sugar. I took grape seed extract powder. For thos who have bloating, apple is great to soothe the symptoms. I feel great and no bloating and no pain. Try this and to your good health.

i have a strange feeling right in the middle above my stomach. it only last about 2-3 minutes and has only happened 3 times now in a month. previous to this i have also had a problem when i eat, it's like things get stuck in the same area and sometimes i have to make myself throw-up to get it to pass. plese advize me as to what this could be

Guest wrote:

Can you tell me if you're having any other symptoms? I'd like to be able to help out with this but I'd like to hear more. Can you explain it to me a little better? Thanks!

The gallbladder is part of a large number of organs that work in concert with one another: The liver (produces bile, and enzymes, besides being the 2nd largest organ in your body, after your skin), the gallbladder (stores said enzymes waiting for a signal to release into duodenum just below stomach/into stomach), to biliary duct (which receives , or transceives the bile enzymes), to the sphincter of Oddi (which opens and closes letting out the bile into duodenum(small intestine below stomach)).

Symptoms of a gallbladder attack caused by disease, stones, enlarged biliary duct, or malfunctioning of the Oddi can be caused by numerous stimuli.

A very common, but UNDER-diagnosed cause of non-calculi (meaning no stones) gallbladder enlargement can be from taking prescription pain medication. The duct is enlarged, the gallbladder is enlarged, and upon having a HIDA scan (a routine gallbladder function test) you have a hypo-active gallbladder (under active) the cause may simply be the opioid pain medicine. Many people have been told to have surgery with that being the cause.

SYMPTOMS: common and uncommon of ALL types of hypo-active gallbladder can be from pain after meals, any -- or none.
--Severe headache generally located at top of head.
--Mild to severe pain in abdomen, from right-center, upper OR lower to left side of abdomen as well.
--mild to severe pain in the back and/or side, to between right and/or left shoulder blades. can radiate to upper shoulder down to lower abdomen right side of trunk to middle.
--mild to Severe nausea after eating or drinking fatty, non-fatty foods. Drinking coffee, alcohol, heavy juices causing a stabbing pain on right central side to upper middle chest.

These symptoms can often mask themselves as many things. The over-all symptoms are often so general they can easily be over-looked Or OVER-diagnosed.

A SIMPLE examine (prelim) that a physician can or SHOULD do when even the gallbladder is suspected is the test for Murphy's Sign.
If you've had it you'll remember. If you were positive for Murphy's sign you'll Certainly Remember! Is as follows and can be done with a partner.

Patient laying down- physician takes index through ring finger and gently places them just under the right rib cage one hand span away from middle of center front to a depth of one-two inches down and UP under the ribs. Patient takes a deep breath semi-quickly.

IF there is SEVERE BLINDING PAIN and patient cannot continue to inhale----POSITIVE MUPRHY'S SIGN, one takes step 2 .Ultra sound and/OR--.HIDA SCAN
IF there is only general discomfiture NEGATIVE--- Ultra Sound, perhaps HIDA scan still advisable under discretion of other symptoms.

This is the simplest way to self diagnose since all symptoms are often so general.

IF you are having cold sweats, severe pain (anywhere head to hips etc), vomiting, shivering, shakes or other serious to severe physical symptoms, DO NOT WAIT UNTIL LATER... GO TO THE HOSPITAL (10 minutes ago)!!!

JUST DO IT! Do not tough it out GO! RIGHT NOW!

For others on pain medication, specifically opioids, discuss this with your Gastroenterologist or Surgeon prior to surgery. You may not have to have it removed. There are several other options to choose from, TalwinNX plus Ketoprofen works great for pain, and won't interfere with the hepatic system (the entire name for liver+gallbladder etc). While relieving the cause!

Most physicians 'should' be willing to work with you to avoid surgery. Too many removals have happened for this reason alone.

Good Luck, the pain really stinks... Use your head, and ALWAYS question your Physician, they are human and forget stuff too!

Samuel pd Mazzatta

I have been told that my symptoms are similar to my MIl who had her Gall Bladder removed. About once every 5 months or so I have severe chill spells with uncontrollable shaking. I cover up with an electric blanket and the chills are gone after about 3 or 4 hours. However I then have a high fever for the next 5 or 6 hours, and mild stomach nausea for the rest of the day afterwards. Then everything is back to normal for another 5 or 6 months. I've never seen a doctor about this becuase the symptoms go away quickly, and stay gone for months. Any clues anyone?

I have been told that my symptoms are similar to my MIl who had her Gall Bladder removed. However none of the symptoms mentioned here match mine.

About once every 5 months or so I have severe chill spells with uncontrollable shaking. I cover up with an electric blanket and the chills are gone after about 3 or 4 hours. However I then have a high fever for the next 5 or 6 hours, and mild stomach nausea for the rest of the day afterwards. Then everything is back to normal for another 5 or 6 months. I've never seen a doctor about this becuase the symptoms go away quickly, and stay gone for months. Any clues anyone?

ive been haveing the same problems with the stomach pains, feeling like im going to get sick, and nothing i take really helps. I didnt start haveing these pains til i came home from haveing my baby back in september. but i also been haveing random back pains and shoulder pains, are they related to the stomach pain? i just want to feel better :-( my mom says she thinks i damaged something from pushing to hard during labor. If you know something to help the pain please tell me. Thanks

My mom has got me wondering if I have gallbladder issues. I'm kinda young, 16, and every now and then (maybe two to three times a month, maybe more? it varies) I get these burps. They're awful; they smell & taste like sewage & raw eggs, as described by my mom. Then I have a lot of pressure located in the middle of my ribs almost. Sometimes, I'll have these burps for more than one day at a time. I'm just curious to see what might be my problem. Is it what I'm eating? Some other medical condition? Or a gallbladder issue? Please help.

Can't figure it out. I am a 67 year old male who has had severe, nonstop pains in his abdomen for the past 6 years. About three years ago the pains were so bad after having a colonoscopy and an endoscopy they sent me for a catscan of the chest, the stomach and the pelvic areas....Everything came back normal, no problems but the pain continued....about a year ago the pains got worse and about 2 weeks ago the pain became UNBEARABLE. The worst ever...My doctor ran every blood test known to man on me and everything came back normal...I just had another catscan of the stomach and pelvis and the same results...I am at my wits end. I don't know what to do...I have had this pain 24/7, nonstop for the past 6 years and am now at te point where I feel paralyzed and can barely move...I have the pain with every step I take, getting up and sitting down are almost impossible to do and the worst are the stairs, either direction and getting in or out of the car. Not funny...I had decided to not complain about it at all and live with the pain until last week when it was 100 times worse than ever. Some doctors tell me it is the combination of pills that I take that might be doing it...I take all generic pills...Metformin, simvastatin, aspirin 81mg, tamsulosin, finesteride, losartin, levothyroxine, omeprezole and when needed, furosimide, allopurinol and colchicine...I had my thyroid removed 18 years ago and use synthetic thyroid drugs to fill in the gap...I weight 235 and can't lose weight, possibly because of the meds and with this pain, can't exercise...I have diabetes, am prone to gout, have an enlarged prostate, take blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds because of the diabetes, have reflux, hence the omeprezole and have diverticulosis too. I have had my appendix out about 10 years ago and this is 200 times more painful than my appendicitis attack...It is also spreading as the other side of my abdomin has severe pains along with my lower back on both sides and my chest, both sides and in the middle and I have had severe breathing issues since this all began that are much worse now than ever. I have also been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and for the past year, the muscles in my upper thighs have been in 24/7 pain also especially trying to get into the car, actually have to pick my leg up by my pants and the pain is never minimized...I can't imagine what might be going on with me and according to all of my doctors, from all of the tests I am almost in perfect health aside from the sleep apnea and overwight issues...which I ffeel were brought on by the killing of my thyroid 18 years ago when I started to gain weight that I never had before. About 4 years ago I was in the hospital to have rotator cuff surgery and when they tried to give me a nerve block they froze my diaghram into my right lung which lasted for 19 hours until it unfroze, don't know if I had or am having any after effects from that or not...the anesthesiologist stayed at the hospital the whole time as they put me into ICU during that period until I came out of it....So I am not exactly a picture of health but am not ready to die as I feel like I am going to due to this pain....Any reasonable responses ould be greatly appreciated if anyone ever reads this stuff...thank you, Steve   ps., I don't drink, don't smoke, don't take any drugs except what I mentioned and usually do love life......but tis pain...feel like I have 400 rocks in my stomach, only time I have any peace is when I sit perfectly still and don't move an iota.