I would love to know how you are doing since this post. Going to buy supplements you listed. I tested negative for being a celiac however my dad is one and his did not show up by simple blood test but by scope.

Amen. My name is Jackie and I take 75 mcg of Synthroid. I've taken it for a long time. I started out at 50. I need to lose about 15 to 20 pounds. I certainly understand where you are coming from. No one understands. They saying keep moving. Exercise! But nothing helps. I wish there was something I could take that would help. You are not alone.

I have Hashimoto's and was able to lose 11 pounds in 4 weeks (onlly doing 10-15 minute HIIT workouts daily) to get back to my normal weight because IT IS DIET RELATED. Anyone with any thyroid issue must see a functional medicine doctor - MUST. Thyroid issues are rooted in gut health. Trust me when I say that only a functional medicine doctor knows what to do for you. When you see a functional medicine doctor, you also see a nutriionist - and that is critical. With Hashi's, not animal milk products or gluten. I quit cold turkey and didn't cheat - and still haven't. That means no ice cream butter, cheese, yogurt etc. My auto elimination protocol (AIP) diet initially had me only eating meat, most vegetables and only 9 fruits, all nuts (expect peanuts) and seeds. If you are serious about your health and getting your body back, see a functional medicine doc and follow the nutrition plan they give you to the letter. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Thank you for the input I have hashimotoss and work out every day , eat gluten and dairy free ,.but still struggle with my weight .

Hi. I was diagnosed last year with hashimotos and PCOS. I take 2500 iu of vitamin d and 2500 mcg of biotin. I am on 75 mcg of synthroid and trying to find a good energy/diet supplement to take before the gym now that I've started going almost 5 times a week for an hour+, one that won't interfere with the synthroid. And is anyone else's hair falling out at an ALARMING rate? I'm only 22 and 4 months ago I had the shiniest thickest longest hair, now it's short, stringy and I see actual patches with NO hair...suggestions ?

I was 215 and I got down to 155 in 7 months. STOP gluten, literally ALL gluten. Forever. It's hard, but that's he start. I was also on a very similar regimen of supplements. I took selenium, a Glutothiamine (sp?), Vitamin D, Fiber every night, liquid fish oil, magnesium (curbed the sweet tooth totally), Biotin and a few I can't remember. I would have your cortisol checked. I can't work out at night because my cortisol is too low. I did have to work out though and hard. I did an hour of cardio four times a week. It's not horrific because the weight came off. The gluten was the turning point. No cheat gluten free stuff that is now sold in stores. That c**p converts to fat faster than actual gluten. I've had Hashimoto's for 17 years. I can't take synthroid or any of those as I get even sicker with more weight gain. My symptms all but disappeared after following a strict regimen. The problem is people give up too easy and want a quick fix. Yes, it was expensive for the tests and I did use a functional medicine doctor, but I'm living with Hashimoto's and not letting it run my life. I had all but given up until I found my functional medicine doctor. Do your research. It's amazing what you learn about how hard Hashimoto's is to live with, but we all could have so much worse.

I completely understand. It's horrible, just horrible. You can't explain it to anyone...unless they too are in the same place you are. It so so depressing!