Hey everyone.

My sister is having problem with her dog lately. She was with him at the regular inspection at the vet’s office and vet did some tests.

Today he called her and he told her that her dog has arthritis on paws and neck. He didn’t have a details to her and to be honest, she forgot to ask him a few questions about it.

Maybe she was stressed.

I think that you can help me solve one confusion. I think that it would be great help for my sister.

Do you know what are the possible causes of arthritis in dog’s paw and neck?

Hello. I am really sorry to hear this. Every disease in the pet freaks me out. Sometimes I am so stressed and I don’t know what to do. To be honest, I never heard of arthritis in dog’s paw. But somehow I think that every arthritis is the same. I know that joint diseases can occur as the result of : muscle disease, fracture involving the joint, dietary or hormonal disease, metabolic disorder and cancer. I am sorry because I need to tell you to tell her to visit the vet immediately because some of those causes can be fatal for this dog.

Hey there.

I hope that you are doing fine. You need to calm your sister because I believe that everything is going to be just fine.

As far as I know there are two major categories of joint problems in dogs and they are also the main causes of arthritis in your dog.

Well the most common cause is cruciate ligament problems where the ligament is degenerating over time and it is causing instability.

It can happen on your dog’s paw and neck as well.

But still there is no need to panic that much. Visiting the vet can solve this problem and your dog can live nice with it.

Hey guys.

I am having problem with my older dog. He is having the same issue like this dog that you mentioned. I am not really smart when it comes to this and I think that I can’t help you a lot.

I think that in my case possible cause is because my dog is getting old, very old and he is not active anymore. Maybe it is hereditary and you can prevent it.

I believe that age is possible cause of arthritis in dog’s paws and neck.

And I don’t know how to deal with it :/

Good luck!