Hi, i am on 55mg proaccutane, i have a party at my friends house next week and im wondering if it will be safe for me to drink? I wouldnt be so worried if it was just 20mg but i feel more worried about it because it is a bigger dose. I also dont want my friends to know im taking pills for my acne, so they will think im being weird if i dont drink... please w.b :-)

Hi I have been on accutane for just about 2 and a half months. I am up to 60 mg now and it is working VERY well. Now I have been very good about not drinking on accutane. I took the "warnings" very seriously and stayed away from it. I think there was one night that I had one beer. Now homecoming is coming up and it is my senior year and there is a big after party. I am considering having a few drinks but skipping the dose for the day. I wanted some advise and ask if I can get away with one night of drinking? Since it has been working so well i don't know if i should risk it. Let me know what you think.

I have been on accuntane 3 months now and I don't drink usually. When I did just recently I was completely fine. Aside from the headache I started to get while still drinking. I would say just remember accutane is hard on your liver and so is drinking. Combining the two is hard on your body. Also drink a lot of water! Which you should also do while on accutane anyway.

I've been on Accutane for 6 months now, 100mg (20mg x2 AM, 20mg x3 PM). (Only two weeks left.. been through hell and back on this stuff -- by the way, you guys need to use Dr. Dan's Cortibalm for your lips, not Aquaphor or whatever. Aquaphor barely helps compared to the Cortibalm. I'm mentioning it cause my Dr. that I switched to halfway through hadn't heard of it, and most haven't.)

I can drink, believe me. But Accutane has made me much more susceptible to acting drunker than usual after only two beers or a margarita. Two irish car-bombs and a shot of whiskey knocked me out so badly on my birthday, I still had a hangover in the evening of the next day!

I refrain from buying beer or wine so I'm not tempted to drink (I'm in college), but do drink a beer at the bar to mingle. Just make sure you leave a ton of time after your last sip to sober up.. it takes like twice as long to get over a drink as you would without.

I have been on Accutane for almost 3 months now and have not had a single drink. My doctor told me it is not safe to drink at all. Sorry I care more about my life than alchohol. Its not worth risking.

Hey Everyone, Ive Been On Roacatane For About 1month Now 20mg, I Go Out Everyweeked, Somtimes Twice, And Drink Far To Much 10 8% Drinks, Ive Been A Heavy Drinker Since 15 And Am Now 19 Well 19 Next Week And Weigh About 60kg, On Roactane I Notice I Get Drunk Faster.. Dry Skin And Lips Is All I Notice, But After My Birthday Im Going To Stop, Because Im Sure it Is Putting To Much Strain On My Liver, Im Also Scare Because I Notice White Spots On My Skin Thismorning And My Mother Says Its My Live Not Coping Or Somthing, I Guess Drinking A Few Beers Is Fine But Getting Wrecked Everyweekend Is Bad.

I'm not too heavy a drinker, but I am a college student and, as such, enjoy the occasional party with alcohol. Before I started the accuatne, I googled the effect of mixing alcohol and the drug. I didn't seem to find anything specific about the result of mixing the two, aside from the obvious added strain on the liver. However, right before I started the meds, when my dermatologist was actually giving me my first prescription, he told me "ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL." Something along the lines of "if you consume alcohol while on the accutane, the drug will bind to the hepatocytes in your liver and stay in your system for years." I don't know about the rest of you, but a few sober months is not that bad when faced with the other option of having a potentially dangerous drug in your system for years. Better safe than sorry. I'm just looking forward to having an awesome time this summer at the beach, once I'm done with the accutane.

I have been on accutane for 4 1/2 months now. Do you think getting drunk once will be that harmful to my body.

hi, ive not been on it long but im on 50g a day and i only have to have a couple of sip's of drink and i start feeling really funny.. i go light headed and dizzy... will defo be staying away from the drink lol xx

at first i was really worried about drinking while on accutane. im an 18 year old and on 40mg of it. for march break me and my friends went away and i knew there was going to be drinking. since i had just started accutane i was really worried of the side effects that drinking may cause. my friends told me to start it after our trip but i wanted to start the process as soon as possible. i asked my dermatologist if i could drink, and she said its ok to have a drink or two but not to get drunk.... the reason why is because accutane is already bad for your liver and by combining the alcohol with it, it just makes it even worse for your liver. when march break came, i knew the risk of drinking, but i also did not want to miss out on the fun. i was worried when i had my first drink, but after a couple i didnt see any side effects. very relived. for the rest of the week, i never got really really drunk. The accutane did make me blackout or anything of that sort. The only two things it really did was maybe make my acne worse the next day (not really bad) and the night that i did drink the most, i got sick and puked alot. I wouldnt stress out too much about it, but still be aware of the amount your drinking. Everyone is different, and some might get side effects that others dont get.

Ive been on accutane for about 3 months now, nearly finished, and my skin is pretty much completely clear. I used to drink heavily, but since being on it have cut down to one twice a week, although have had big binges now and then. Didn't have any breakouts or bad experiences with getting too drunk, but one thing i would like to mention is I went to a party and took pills & coke a couple of weeks ago - apparently i had a great night but i have absolutely no recollection of it at all, completely blank patch. Other than that, pretty pleased how its worked out!

Ok, so i been on it for a month and now im on a daily dose of 40mg. You can drink but you get drunk faster and more hung over. I have been drinking heavily with it latlely and its all good if you drink some water

i would highly recommend not drnking. i had one drnk on this medicine and i was so buzzed and i blacked out and went psyco.

hi, I am starting accutane(20 mg). i want to get drunk with some of my friends. The day I do it, should i just not take the medicine?

I've been on roacutane for a few months now, everything is going great.... But I went to a party the other night and only had a few drinks, much less than normal, and I just started passing out, throwing up all over the place, and I can't remember a single thing from that night, it was really embarrassing! So just a warning to those of you thinking of drinking, don't have too much, it really f**ks you over.