Hi guys. I am feeling a bit down. I’ve been on a road trip with my friends for the last three months. Everything was great of course, and I was feeling more happy than I’ve been in a long time. But when I came home, there was my dog, who was very happy to see me. He came as soon as he heard my voice, we started cuddling and that’s when I noticed, he is getting old. :( His hair is white under his chin and his eyes are clouded. Those are the symptoms of getting old, I know because I’ve seen it before. Anyway, I’m not here to seek for emotional comfort, I am here to ask you what to do. How does one usually treat clouded eyes in older dogs?

Hello. Yes, your dog is getting old. But that is normal process. My dog is also a little bit older and I am sad when I just imagine that one day he will abandon me. I think that you have answered on your question alone – your dog is older and that is why he has clouded eyes. It is normal stage at his life and I think that there is no way to treat or to cure it. It is very important that this is not indicator to some disease. Be with him as much as you can. He is going to need you even more.

Hey everyone.

Um, I am sorry Dog Whisperer, but I think that there is an option to treat cloudy eyes in your dog. It doesn’t matter if this dog is older.

Clouded eyes can cause problems and your dog can start to lose his sight. That is why you need to find way to treat it, you just can’t let it go. :/

There are a few amazing supplements on the market that you can add to your dog’s diet, Oshikuru.

I can recommend you Angels Eyes because it is good supplement. It can help your dog in this issue, I am almost 100% sure.

Good day there :)

Look, it could be nothing just like Dog Whisper said. But that doesn’t mean that you don’t need to be careful when you notice that your dog has clouded eyes. Maybe it is nothing and maybe it is an indicator that your dog is sick. But before you jump to some conclusion you need to make sure that nuclear sclerosis is not the culprit. It is common and very normal condition of aging.

It is manifested with clouded and blurry eyes. But it does not lead to blindness or some serious vision problems.

So maybe I will have to agree with Dog Whisperer – with one conclusion. Visit the vet.

Hey everyone,

I would probably try to treat his clouded eyes. You can't harm your dog, right? So it can just be better. But you will need to visit your vet before you do anything because there are several causes of clouded eyes. In order to know the proper treatment, you need to know what caused it. In case it's not an age thing, of course.

Clouded eyes do not affect your dogs vision by the way, that's a positive thing. However, if the cause is not an age thing, you should find the proper treatment because this can lead to additional complications and you don't want that to happen.

Hey everybody,

Clouded eyes are really something that happens with age. I don't think that you are supposed to treat it with anything and as far as I know, it doesn't reduce his eyesight.

On the other hand, I do suggest to you, as everybody else does as I can see, that you take your dog to the vet. You need to do this because it doesn't necessarily have to mean that it happened because of his age. If you want, you can check online on how to check your dog's eyes in a proper way. In case you don't wanna mess with this, you can leave it to the vet.

Hey ya!

There is nothing bad when you want to treat clouded eyes in your dog. Like Dalmatian Lover told you it can’t harm him. But it can help him.

The cloudiness commonly seen in eyes of older dogs is usually not a cataract. A lot of pet owners assume that it is, but it is not. It is nuclear sclerosis and doesn’t affect vision. But look, that doesn’t mean that your dog doesn’t have cataracts. However, it is very possible that your dog is dealing with some different problem and you need to look up for the best solution.

So, without hesitation, visit the vet. It can be something else.

Hello everyone. I disagree with everyone who suggested you that you should not be that worried because clouded eyes are the sign of your dog’s ages and that you should not treat it because it doesn’t make a sense.
My dog had this problem. When he was 7 years old I notice that he has clouded eyes. My friend told me that this is nothing serious and that I should not worry about it.
So I didn’t. And my dog was blind after eight months. I hate myself because of this.
You should go to your vet and tell him to check your dog eyes completely.