I had a partial colectomy , due to Inertia, leaving me with a non-functioning 10 % of colon and IBS in the small intestine. I am not overweight and I do exercise but my Cholesterol and Triglyceride levels are extremely high. Due to my colectomy, I can not easily eat vegetables, fruits, broths and none of the G.I. doctors have been able to give me a diet that I can tolerate. Any suggestions?

Re colonectomy. I can eat the foods you mentioned, except beans and lentils, but not one small peace of chocolate, or mixed vegetables, only carrot!

You will be able to go back to your normal diet after surgery, but you may find that some foods you used to eat are difficult to digest. It is best to avoid these foods for now. Over time, your body will adjust and you should be able to eat what you want. It's important to understand that no two people respond exactly the same way after surgery.

"Like I said its been a year for me, and I'm just figuring out all the quirks!"
Good to know. I am 4.5 mo out and am having a hard time figuring it all out. Advice can be diametrically opposed- eat/don't eat applesauce or high fibers. That doesn't help!

Give the colon time to heal? After a colectomy a person has no colon.

I had a total colectomy, had a stoma for a while but Doc created a J-pouch and reversed the ileostomy. I can’t Eat fatty foods because of bile acid malabsorption, don’t eat raw veggies, especially don’t eat any spicy foods or spices. I’m 6 months out from surgery, still healing. I do eat skinless chicken, fish, rice, barley, white bread, well done over cooked root veggies, and most the foods recommended on this site. I can only tolerate salt and garlic and a few other spices. Paprika, cinnamon, pepper, and most other things that make food taste good are intolerable. I still use Metamucil and for bile acid burning I use Cholestyramine. I take 3 Imodium pills 3 times a day and best for gas is IBgard. I’m still lactose intolerant and use lactaid to avoid gas bloating and diarrhea. It’s tough to balance foods and medicines but it’s still better than Ulcerative Colitis symptoms. I’m down to 5-8 bowel movements per day from 20+ after final surgery. Finding a good GI doctor helps.