So... I just had my birthday a few days ago and a friend gifted me a makeup brush set marked as blush brushes. There are six all told, three big brushes and three smaller ones, with the last two being much smaller than the third smallest on e. 

I guess one may be for blush and one for loose powder to stop your skin from shining. If the smaller three really are for blush as well I have no idea how to use them, and I wouldn't know what to do with the third one either!

Someone, help? I'm lost here but I do want to learn more about makeup and I want to know how to use these brushes!

As far as applying blush with a blush brush goes, you do your foundation etc, then take the right blush, choose the right color, dab it in, shake the excess blush off a bit so that your makeup will not be overdone, and then apply it on the apples of your cheeks. If the blush is too light for your taste, you could go over it one more time.

The six brushes you got though, I doubt that they are all for blush. It seems the bigger ones might be for highlighter and loose powder and the smaller ones are for eyeshadow. Brushes should work for you not the other way around, but learning to use them can help, and YouTube is good for that.

I agree with that.

Just looking for "how to use makeup brushes" will mean you come up with lots of results where there are pictures that show you exactly what brush is best for what purposes AND how to use it to get the best finish as well. I would start with this.

As always, when you are learning a new technique, start simple. Don't go for contouring and eyebrows and eyeshadow at the same time. Focus on one thing. Since you got blush brushes or at least some of them are for blush, I would say to focus on applying blush well first, and then move on to learning other things.

Oh, if I can an answer here, I would be very happy. I have got a brush and I have blusher and concealer powder or something like that, and I simply don't know what to do with it. I mean, I know you are meant to put product on the brush and then put it on your face, but how, exactly where, how much product, what is the best technique, I really don't know the answer to these questions. Personally when I do use blusher I go for the cream version because you can just use your fingers.

Here's a step by step guide to applying blush:

1. Select the right color for your skin tone, definitely not too dark!
  2. Use the large brush with round edges that will almost certainly be in your set. 
  3. Once you have put on your foundation and loose powder, then make a big smile to see where the apples of your cheeks are. 
  4. Pick up a small amount of product with your brush, and shake off the excess, then apply it in a gentle stroke over the apples of your cheeks, moving outwards and upwards towards your ears a little bit. 
  5. Blend carefully so it doesn't look like you put a blush sticker on your face. 

You're done!

Put little blush on your brush and then shake it. And then gently just put it on your cheeks. Or you can just gently touch the blush with your finger and put it on the cheeks, then blend it with your brush or fingers. I did not know how to put blush either at the beginning and now after practicing I am real blush master :). Don't put it too much, because it will not look natural if you do this. And natural beauties are the prettiest. You can create natural look with right colors for you, for example, gentle peach color or light pink.

Good luck :)