at the zoo

so in addition to everything else, i have an interview at the zoo tomarrow for a position in the animal kitchen.

i already have a job at the zoo and know that the interview porcess is fairly informal. im going for "put together" not "power suit" for my look tomarrow.

i was planning on wearing these pants

with a black tee shirt (a nice form fitting one, a la the model above)
black and white wingtip looking sling back heels
and a nice, structred denim jacket.

and if it matters, im going to straighten my hair and go with "natural" makeup.

my question is are the tee and jacket too casual?

You would know better then we would I guess...
It doesn't sound like a bad idea if it's casual like you say.

Since you already work there, definitely go with what's commonplace.

i'm told that some businesses would say:
"a salesperson would have to know about the business they were trying to sell to, therefore they should know what to wear to the interview" :|
i guess it makes sense.
would a safari suit work?

Ask the interviewer.

This was a question on the 'other' board yesterday, and the consensus by those in the best position to know such things was to just ask and not risk dressing inappropriately.

:shrug: Got me. I've never interviewed for anything that jeans and a tee-shrirt weren't acceptable. Burger King isn't that picky ya know.

i got really annoyed when kids came into my restaurant and they didn't even bother to pull on a golf shirt, or a sweater or something. it's not hard.
it would seem odd to me to ask the person tho. i'd feel like i should have some general idea - or that they'd tell me not to worry about a full suit or something.

Do you still have your beer maid outfit?

Would this be OK?

Short sleeve Safari Shirt
Nice low cut jeans
Beige work boots
Safari or Australian style hat.

Talk like shortlegs and make references to the Roo's you have tagged and croc's you have wrestled.

Ripper!

Well if you're interviewing for a job in the kitchen might as well wear an apron and a chef's hat and tell 'em you can start immediately!

Since they already know you I imagine the power suit is too formal. However, it does not hurt to be "overdressed". Go with a more formal shirt, and skip the denim.

Good luck !!!