I'm on gabapentin 3 x 300mg tablets a day. Will this effect me when I'm wanting to drink..any replies greatly apprecuated

I'm on gabapentin 300 mg two times a day and have never drank after reading some of the posts on here. Apparently, it can cause you to become very sick, black out or behave very belligerent. One person said he/ she doesn't remember but became so belligerent that her girl/boyfriend (or spouse) ended the relationship. After reading, all that, I decided against drinking.

i have started taking gabapentin for restless leg syndrome,went out last friday and was all over the place after 3 pints of bitter ,thought they had put something in the beer,was the same last night,thanks to this site have nailed the problem ,dont drink on these drugs bad gear

I've been on this medication at night for a few months now. I rarely ever drink, but at last minute decided to go out for a beer over the weekend after I took the medication. Needless to say, after 1.5 beers I felt like I had six. I don't remember anything after pushing the door from the bar open to leave. As of now, I'm terrified to ever drink again even though it was because of the medication and alcohol mixture.

I began Gapabentin for menopausal hot flashes. The second night on it I had a couple of glasses of wine amd went to bed. I was shaken to awakeness by my significant other and found myself in our front yard naked. I did not consider the medication until I was again awoken after 2 glasses of wine urinating in our laundry basket the following evening. DO NOT DRINK ON THIS MEDICATION! I HAVE BEEN FINE SINCE NOT DRINKING. I know iy seems funny what I did but not if it happened to you. BEWARE!

I believe you, happened to me last nigth, i had 5 glasess of wine and blacked out, insulted my girlfriend , behaved like an ass,, drove home intoxicated and dont remember a thing, please to everybody out there , DONT DRINK WHILE ON THIS MEDICATION, IS NOT WORTH IT, I love my girlfriend very much and would never hurt her or offend her in any way, i came out of her building pestering and screaming , said really mean things to her..like a f...ing lunatic, now i can go back to her place ""shame wont let me" how could i after what i did..thank God my girlfriend is an RN and was able to put one plus one togetther otherwise i would have lost her...

I have taken Norco Valium with alcohol and gabapentin no problem. I am built up to it and will probably die if I dont watch it. Other wise all OK!

I too just started it aout a week and a half ago....I don't drink other then occasion we may go to the bar and hear a band, etc? It really hasn't done much, I think it is helping with the pain some but I heard it takes a bit to kick in. As far as diarrhea....it has takin the same effect. I have had it since I started...seems like I can't eat anything:( It is starting to ease up tho so maybe you should try it for a few weeks:)

hi, i just started gabapentin, and can only tolerate 200mg- 300mg per day, it has been helpful for nerve pain. I can drink alcohol but in moderation ie 2-3 glasses of wine or 2 vodka mixes, also i try to take it 6-8 hours prior to any alcohol, to try and eliminate adverse effects. I wouldnt say dont drink, but know your limit and be sensible.

i have been heal from epilesy after taking gabapentin for 1year,can it still come back?

now i can drink ,but i stop drinking for a period of 1year wen i was taking gabapentin 300mg a every evening,now i'm free from seizes and epilesy ,i give glory to God and gabapentin thinks.

I just started gabapentin for nerve pain.I am on a low dose of 200 mg. I have a halloween party that was planned by me over a month ago.would it hurt to drink acohol?

I have been on gabapentin for over a month increasing my dosage weekly, I'm currently on 400mg 3 times daily.  I do drink alcohol maybe 3 or 4 times a week, I've never get drunk but would have perhaps a couple glasses of wine and a couple of vodka and cokes and apart from feeling more tired and going to bed earlier than i perhaps normally would I haven't felt any other side effects at all on gabapentin.  I think we obviously all react differently to it.

I take 3 lots of 900mg a day, not so sure to drink on my works night out

I take 2500 MG a day combined with 50 MG of Tramadol.  Have had a few drinks while on it. No issues.

I am taking it for post herpetic neuralgia. I've had it for 3 years, and it is not getting better.

The virus really raised holy heck with my nervous system and I actually developed sever Sciatica. Never had it before. It totally sucks. I feel sorry for people with Sciatica. I have hope that mine will subside as the PHN gets better as the years go by. Exercise helps and I've been hitting the gym daily.

Booze with the drugs I take (in moderation) does not seem to hurt. If you are going to drink a whole bottle of wine or a six pack of beer with a few shots of Wiskey, You are going to have big problems. MODERATION!