i take gab 600 three times a day im diobetic and have lung dieses and trima neragua i took three beers and felt dizzy and was seeing double

I only had 1 strong beer and I blacked out. I have absolutely no memory of about 6 hrs. I was on the bus and didn't come straight home. I woke up with a black eye and bruised on the other side of town. I don't recommend it at all!

I believe you. I didn't even drink much and I blacked out half the night. I wasn't around anyone to tell me what happened. I came to across town with bruises and a black-eye and absolutely no recollection of what happened to me. Very Scary.

I am on 800 mg Gabapentin as well as 600 mg Oxcarbazepine and have found there to be no impact on my tolerance to alcohol (2-4 drinks). I was initially worried that I wouldn't be able to function after a sip of wine but for me that hasn't been the case at all. A controlled study on Gabapentin I recently read showed that alcohol had no effect on perceived intoxication, which is consistent with my personal experience although at odds with many others' experiences.

I completely agree. I've been taking 1200mg gabapentin, worked up to that amount but now it's been a year on the med. I feel like the same amount of wine I used to drink will give me severe nausea and a horrible headache in the morning. Sometimes ruining half the day. Had part of an evening blackout, and other times when it takes a while for me to remember a conversation I had or email i sent after drinking. It's so not worth it, but hard because a couple glasses of wine helps my back pain a lot

lol sounds like these people should not drink being on nothing.

I totally know what you mean. My husband stop drinking but I've notice caffeine makes him moody.

Same for me

I've been on gabapentin for six weeks for shingles. In the past week, I decreased from 1200mg. to 900mg. I've tried having one glass of wine on two different days during the past week. I felt no effects at all during the evening but the following day I was groggy and tired. Not really worth it, from my perspective.

I cant believe how much people are drinking on all these pills!!!!! Wow what risky business

I appreciate your honesty.

I have been taking it too for 7 months, i think it really helps with alcohol, one mistake i had, memorial day friday, long day, i have 1800 mg a day, i took like 3000mg. i had read on these websites some people take much more usually the amount of max effective dose from what i read is 2400mg. then a waste of time. anyhow, i took more than i should drank more than i should, at the boardwalk in NJ. everyone feel asleep after two movies and BBQ and i decide to walk up to the bars on the boardwalk. well long story short, luckily, i met a friend, at closing, who was keeping me upright, and the cops walked by, and said hey, he is stumbling, come with us, they took my info and put me in a cab, its a program they have. im sure if i had bucked up, got froggy, or giving them shi% i wouldve been in trouble. thats not my nature. but im just saying. no memory of it. none. only that my driver's license had been moved in my wallet. just sayin... peace, out, bird

good luck. i just wanted to reply to someone else taking it. all the best. mike.I have been taking it too for 7 months, i think it really helps with alcohol, one mistake i had, memorial day friday, long day, i have 1800 mg a day, i took like 3000mg. i had read on these websites some people take much more usually the amount of max effective dose from what i read is 2400mg. then a waste of time. anyhow, i took more than i should drank more than i should, at the boardwalk in NJ. everyone feel asleep after two movies and BBQ and i decide to walk up to the bars on the boardwalk. well long story short, luckily, i met a friend, at closing, who was keeping me upright, and the cops walked by, and said hey, he is stumbling, come with us, they took my info and put me in a cab, its a program they have. im sure if i had bucked up, got froggy, or giving them shi% i wouldve been in trouble. thats not my nature. but im just saying. no memory of it. none. only that my driver's license had been moved in my wallet. just sayin... peace, out, bird

Hi I'm on 300mgs which I take at night for irritable leg syndrome I only take 2 tablets ..... I've had alcohol not excessively and I've been ok no side effects