I know what it is (a tingling sensation in your body) but how do you KNOW when your having an orgasm? When I masterbate I get tingly and that's how I know I'm done but is THAT an orgasm or what? (13 year old female)

Health Guru
An orgasm can be just a small tingling feeling to a major all over mind blowing experience that leaves you to able to walk because your legs are to weak.
When you get that tingley feeling sometimes that can just be the start so try and carry on for longer and see what happens

Resident

An orgasm is a very intense, hugely pleasurable event that creates a huge number of bodily responses. Your hips will start going up and down simulating sexual intercourse, Your heart starts racing and your skin gets flushed. Your vagina gets real wet and moist and your secretions get slimy in preparation for penetrative sex. You arch your back instinctively and your butt tightens and relaxes in response to the pleasurable sensations you feel. That intensely gratifying sensation makes you masturbate harder till you proceed to a climax and that results in the culmination of the sexual experience. In females this comes in waves and these waves do come together to generate one huge orgasm. Your vagina tightens and becomes full and the vaginal tissues get engorged. As a female we are lucky to be able to have multiple orgasms. 

If you think of an orgasm in the biological sense, it is a means to allow sexual penetration by a male to completion so his "seed" is well and truly sowed and so our species is perpetuated. This is nature's way of ensuring a woman/girl is receptive to allowing a male to impregnate her. It can be a hugely frustrating experience to have to stop intercourse midway because this sexual gratification builds up and develops such intensity that it forces the act to completion. 

Health Guru

Some females have very few signs to when they orgasm so not female should expect that!

Health Guru
Are you talking about the orgasm here or the build up to it?

"An orgasm is a very intense, hugely pleasurable event that creates a huge number of bodily responses. Your hips will start going up and down simulating sexual intercourse, Your heart starts racing and your skin gets flushed. Your vagina gets real wet and moist and your secretions get slimy in preparation for penetrative sex. You arch your back instinctively and your butt tightens and relaxes in response to the pleasurable sensations you feel. That intensely gratifying sensation makes you masturbate harder till you proceed to a climax and that results in the culmination of the sexual experience. In females this comes in waves and these waves do come together to generate one huge orgasm. Your vagina tightens and becomes full and the vaginal tissues get engorged. As a female we are lucky to be able to have multiple orgasms. "

Resident
it all depends on the guy the girl is with. I am describing an orgasm including the build up to it when the girl is having full blown sex with her guy.
Masturbation alone, as you suggest may not have such intense manifestations, unless ofcourse the girl is relaxed, has her own private place and feels secure doing it without the fear of someone walking in on her.

Health Guru

The way you wrote the section I quoted you make it sound as though orgasm is something different to climax when it's not, they are both the hight of sexual pleasure, some younger users who read it could get confused and think it's 2 different stages of pleasure. Some females also show very few signs when they orgasm other than flushed cheeks, maybe a soft moan and the vagina grip and pulse around his penis or finger, all of what is shown in porn movies where the female acts like she is possessed at orgasm only happens to around 1 in 10 females all the rest differ greatly.

You need to look up stats on that because there are a lot of females young and old out there that are unable to achieve any kind of orgasm during intercourse with any guy they have been with and some even that find it very hard to achieve orgasm through masturbation too.

Resident

The term "orgasm" is better known and understood than what "climax" means.
I was talking about my own experience and I do understand that many girls cannot achieve that intense pleasure that I experienced.
Like I said, it depends on the mindset of the girl, whether she is relaxed, whether she is comfortable, whether she is scared and apprehensive. All these things influence the quality of orgasm experienced by the girl.
I chat and discuss this with some of my closest friends and I agree some of them have never had a full on orgasm that I was describing.
Thats the reason why I advocate girls making sure they have the right guy to have sex with. For me it was my much older boyfriend who knew what he was doing.
Very often girls settle for some mediocre experience when they should be having the best experience. The reason is because they choose a guy who does not know what he is doing.
I have always advocated that a girl should masturbate and learn to understand her body and the responses she gets.
I dont need stats. I am using my experience. To me that's the gold standard and no girl young or old should settle for anything less.
I strongly believe a guy performing great oral sex on a girl is the best way for her to achieve this intense orgasm I describe.
My much much older boyfriend took me to the pinnacle of sexual gratification. My very first experience was with him when I was months short of 13. He made me orgasm repeatedly and it would come in waves and then merge to become one huge amazing mind blowing massive orgasm.

Health Guru

You simple can't write here your own experiences of what your orgasm with or without a partner is like without saying that everyone's experience of orgasm is different and some don't even achieve orgasm, it has nothing to do with them being scared or not stimulated right specially in a lot older woman, you can't just base facts round your age group either as this site is read by all ages you have to incorporate for all!

Resident
Like I said, I dont disagree with what you say, but personal experiences are important to tell girls what can be achieved if they have the right mindset and if they prepare themselves properly.
Girls are different, without doubt.
I think we are agreeing on the same thing, if you read what I have said.

Health Guru
I have read what you have said but your answers are just based around you and what you experience, any young girl what reads your replies are going to expect what you do, when you reply you need to base it around everyone as well as what your experiences are for example "the hight of orgasm for me during intercourse is out of this world but that doesn't mean everyone's will be the same or will even experience one during penetrative sex" do you see what I'm saying?
A lot of females don't orgasm during sex no matter what position they use but can quite easily through masturbation or oral sex, everyone is different and everyone has there own way they experience orgasm.