Hello there. I need your advice on something. I work in administration in some firm, and last week we were informed that we'll have cross training classes. I don't know thing about it, so I wonder if you could help me here. What's definition of cross training? How is it related to my work, I thought it was something concerning physical activities.

Phrase cross training is often used to describe combining different exercises in order to improve sportsmen fitness, motivation etc. To translate this definition for your work we would say that cross training teaches an employee who performs one kind of job certain skills he needs to do other jobs. So, nothing to be afraid of.

Hi shermie,

It is possible that you are spending a lot of time in the office and while you are working most of the time you are sitting. And probably your bosses have noticed this problem in the company and they have decided to do something about it. so they have organized cross training to improve your posture and life style.

This was scenario in my company, and I also work in administration. At first no one was thrilled with the idea because this was something that we have to attend in our spare time but I can tell you that at the end it was great idea. I feel much better now and I have more energy and don’t be afraid of exercising.