Hi. My baby is 4 old and soon she`ll start eating solids. I would like to hear from somebody with experience when can you feed baby rice cereal? Which food should be baby`s first? Are cereals necessary? Can I just skip them?

Hi. I have a 6 months old baby boy and I give him fruits, veggies and oatmeal, millet and rice cereals. Cereals are usually introduced to babies 4-6 months old. Some say rice cereals should be baby`s first food, but according to some new studies, it is recommended to begin with sweet potato, avocado, banana or sweet potato. It`s up to you, but I want my baby to easily digest. I buy cereals too. Millet cereals are easy to digest. I always pick brown rice. Doctors say there is no need to feed your baby with cereals first.

Well,
You probably mean that your baby is 4 months old. You haven’t stated the age, so my first guess was that your baby was 4 years old and it sounded strange to me that he isn’t eating normal food already. Now your baby is old enough to start to eat rice cereals. It is usual for babies to start to eat this from four to six months of age. You have to know that rice cereals are full of iron and other important nutritions that help the baby to grow stronger. The good thing is that Rice cereal is easy to fix and you can adjust its thickness to suit your baby.
All the best,
Nelie