I am a 15 year old boy with a semi hairy penis. I have not hit puberty too much and so I don't have too much hair.  The problem is that if I touch it then my hands are a little smelly and then I check and I see that my penis is smelly also.

Why?

Hey John in your pubic region and the insides of your thighs we have what's called apical sweat glands they are different than the normal sweat glands on the rest your body and they tend to produce a little thicket secretions.  They also tend to smell a little worse. The sweat glands are not very active when we are younger but once we hit puberty they become more active that's why you notice the smell more. When you are in the shower make sure you wash in between your legs and your pubic area and that should help with the smell. Regardless of how much you wash there usually is always a smell a few hours or partway through the day after you took the shower so don't worry. Are you uncircumcised by chance?

Every man has his own distinct odor in the groin area. However, it should not be off-putting. Just make sure to wash thoroughly when showering. Pull back your foreskin if you are uncircumscized and gently wash with mild soap and warm water. Make sure to wash away any white buildup or smegma because it is a major caused of stink. Rinse the entire area well with water to get rid of any soap residue which when left on skin can cause bacterial growth and bad odor. After showering, dry your body thoroughly with a clean towel. Make sure there is no moisture particularly on your man bits before dressing up as bacteria and other odor causing microbes thrives in moisture! As added precaution, apply some ToppCock Silver gel on your man parts. It is a leave on penis and scrotum moisturizing gel that neutralizes odor and will help keep the area clean and fresh by killing bacteria and fungi.