hi, I'm 17 years old and I have a problem with my foreskin. Lately I have noticed that my foreskin has an unusually unpleasant odor. I tired washing it but as soon as I leave it unwashed for a day or so it gets that smell again. I don’t feel any pain it is only very unpleasant to know that my foreskin is so smelly. What could be the cause of my smelly foreskin, does it mean that I got some kind of a sexually transmitted disease?

I wouldn’t go so far as saying that you got a sexually transmitted disease. The STD can be the cause of the smelly foreskin but the most probable cause of the smelly foreskin is bacterial or yeast infection caused by bad hygiene or transmitted from your sexual partner. The good thing about it is that you say that you don’t feel that it hurts, and as I can see you are not complaining of any other symptoms. Smelly foreskin is usually caused by degradation and biological decomposition of organic matter accumulated on the head of the penis and on the foreskin. If you don’t maintain regular hygiene of that area the bacteria in that area starts procreating and degrades these products producing odd smell of the foreskin. I think that you should wash your foreskin with an antibacterial soap for a few days or apply outer antibiotic or some kind of an antifungal cream and it that doesn’t solve the problem of the smelly foreskin then you should talk to your doctor.

Smegma is a normal product of harmones after puberty, when you are uncut. Sugars contained in secretions that are trapped under an unretracted foreskin breed constantly and reproduce in as little as two hours after a thorough cleaning.
Other than circumcsion, there is no way to stop this except by very frequent and prolonged foreskin retraction, to allow the head to dry out and breathe. My brother and cousin and me have been permanently retracted since about puberty, so we no longer have any of those problems.

New Hope
Hi Charles,

Welcome to the forum.
It seems that you're pretty experienced on medical topics. Are you a physician maybe?

marcusm

fredak did the anti-bacterial soap work.

marcusm wrote:

Hi Charles, It seems that you're pretty experienced on medical topics. Are you a physician maybe?
marcusm

No, I don't know more than anybody else, in general. But I do have experience on this one topic, since it was so puzzling and discomforting as a young boy when I was first confronted with it, and I searched out everything I could find.
The majority that are cut were cut at birth, so they really don't know a thing about the foreskin. The majority that are not cut don't have a clue what it's like to be cut either. Only a minority of us have experienced it both ways, and have a point of reference to use in comparisons of the before and after experience.

I used to suffer from very bad foreskin odor and did a lot of research on the internet. I was so desperate to get rid of the odor but just didn't want to go for circumcision.

Luckily, I managed to find a "quick fix" out of it.

**this post is edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

someone said you can be reatracted all the time. How do you do this?

Hi Guys

Im uncut too and read a solution to the this problem on another post and tried it and it works for me

First off my girlfriend refused to give me head as she said my penis smelt funny so RAN to find a solution. I could see some white stuff under the skin but i assumed this was from jerking off and unlike when you have sex not all the cum fires out. So what i do now is this

1. Pull the foreskin all the way down that I can ( At first it was tight but it loosened up after a while. The head is still sensitive but not too bad and i wash the head under the shower. when doing this I Pull the head back up and a down a few times to make sure any small pieces become unlogged.

2. I use Mouth Wash on the head of my penis. Now im not saying to dip your head into a bottle of Mouth Wash but pour a small amount into the cap and slowly drip some onto your penis head and any bits exposed . It stings like it does in your mouth but its not too bad. Wait for about 15 seconds and then wash the head with warm water. I know this seems crazy but it works . ( also make sure to get mouth wash which has alcohol in it ) It actually makes you feel really clean down there. I try to use the mouth wash down there once a week or if it smells a bit i do it for a couple of days straight. I tend to do this at night before bed. HINT: If your girlfriend is coming over try this and see if she will give you head , mine says it tastes like mint !!!!

3. If i do this at night i leave the head exposed to dry out and let some air at it . Sometimes this gets bit sore but it is worth it in the long run.

4. Also I was never told this when i was little but wash under your foreskin every day. I Wish my Mum or even dad had told me to do that when i was younger and it took till my 20's to learn to do this and then it took ages for my foreskin to loosen up. but all it takes is time and patience

I hope this helps

I Tired billy252 suggestion , but yet fail to find how it works , becuase it does'nt , i'm 13 and this scares me , because i want to be nice and smell good , and it the smell seeps out into the air around me , which is grossfor people around me :-( which also pisse's me off ! >;)

I would like to share my experience and perhaps save someone a lot of trouble.

All my life I have had a very healthy foreskin. It was my pride and joy and the extreme sensitivity was the source of my most intense sexual pleasures. That was until I changed sexual partner and picked up a real bad stink. Washing only helped for a few hours. I have had about 20 partners before this one so the problem seems to be relatively infrequent.

I suffered this for about a year until I got an abscess on my finger and the doctor gave me a double course of antibiotics, flucloxacillin and amoxicillin at the same time.

At the end the smell was gone and my foreskin was as sweet smelling as before.

Unfortunately, I can not say if one antibiotic alone would work. I suppose it will. Perhaps someone can try it out and provide some feedback.

Of course, since the smell is due to a bacterial infection, you either have to get rid of the girl or persuade her to take the cure as well.

You can get some different products from the pharmacy that will take care of the problem. I'm not sure what they're called outside of Canada, but here they're called Monistat and Canestin. They are marketed toward females with yeast infections, but since the bacteria is the same, they can be used for guys too.

When you shower, pull your foreskin back and wash with soap. Dry yourself, and then put the cream on, being sure to rub it in(10-15 seconds will do). Repeat after every shower for 2-3 days and the smell should be completely gone. Repeat this procedure whenever you start to smell again.

If you shower after you masturbate or have sex, recurrence will be less likely. Just wait about 15 minutes so that all the fluid has had a chance to drain out of your penis, and therefore won't be left under the foreskin after you shower, defeating the purpose.

As with using any medication, it's best to talk to your doctor first. If you don't, make sure to read the directions. You should NOT notice any irritation or redness by using these products. If you do, discontinue use.

if you suffer from this odor which is also known as Male Genital Orders (MGO) please let me know. I have suffered thru this embarrassing odor for a long time and i have some very important information to tell you. I use to stop and clean my penis at gas stations before i was going on a dates, to delay the time before my penis would smell again which occured within an hour or two. Although it mainly affects uncircumsized men, some circumsized men do suffer from it to. I know it embarrasing to post this on this website cause of fear of someone finding out its you. I can help you rid you of this.

billy252 has the right idea about this. I have a sometimes smelly foreskin even when washing 2 times a day. It happens mostly in the summer due to the heat. It does burn though. First time I tried this when learning of it from a friend I thought I was going to die. But you get use to it after awhile and it doesn't sting so bad after awhile.

hi , im 14 , and my penis reallly smells bad , i havent had any sex , so whats the smelll about , i cant seem to think , i wash it wen i go for a bath but in a few days time its baack again what do i do , im quite scared reply please
thanks :D