Hey there, 
My husband and I are trying to conceive.  I just came off the mirena back in January and this is our first cycle for trying. We have two boys 5 and 6 and are currently trying the shettlers method of natural gender selection as we would love to add a little girl to our family.

We have sex everyday up until 3 days prior to ovulation.  What I am curious about is where the sperm stay until the egg is release.  The other questions is if we have sex on the day of or before or after ovulation is it that the male sperm can swim faster and would jump infront of any female sperm that have survived the wait for the egg?
Just trying to understand a bit more.  I have 29 day cycles and ovulate the last couple months on the 14-15th day of the cycle.  ANY HELP understanding this would be great. 
Both of our boys were unplanned so we never worried about this before. 

They just hang out at the bar and wait for a cute egg to come in.

They don't wait anywhere. They die soon after being deposited if they don't get to an egg. the vagina is a very hostile environment for them.

Your information is very wrong. Sperm can live in the vagina for up to 5 days! Yes many die off but there are millions that are in the race. If the environmental CM Is perfect they sure can hang around.