ok this is really baffling me. I have Endometriosis and I was a little confused when I didn't have the usual mimicking of the irritable bowel syndrome it causes, as I get that alot during the month. Then 5 days before my period I had a sudden white discharge. I figured it was a yeast infection but there was no smell, no burn and no itch at all. I 'cleaned' myself out with a diluted peroxide solution.

Any discharge after that was very minimal but there was also what felt like 3 little hard bumps on the end of the cervix. 2 on the edges of the mouth opening. I treated for yeast like was recommended, but saw a doctor anyways. My pap came back normal, the doctor could feel but not see the little bumps and said they were just hard tissue from what she could tell and she was not worried. I had my period and everything seemed normal except I had alot of pain all 3-4 days instead of the usual pain the first day only until the blood clots started flowing. that was odd....

but anyways again no irritable bowel thing, not that I'm complaining!!! but its odd how this all starts in around the same time and continues....and now...5 days before a period the discharge starts again suddenly and the bumps are back. (They had gone down but not completely away). I discovered it when it still felt like I had to go to the washroom after having gone and checked and sure enough, there was the discharge. Enough to cover your finger so to speak but again after cleaning out...nothing...maybe tomorrow there might be some but I doubt it'll be much like last time.

I also find now sometimes, not all the time, just sometimes, I have a slight pain or discomfort during intercourse (I am married). its fine if he changes angles so its not really hitting the cervix much. I find if too much...pressure(?) or too...hard...and it hurts, otherwise I'm ok.

any ideas or suggestions??? I've been to the doctor but...I guess I should go back. I'm really baffled and confused. and no they never did a pregnancy test

Don't take this the wrong way.. but have you been tested for STD's? The white discharge really isn't associated with STD's but no two people ever have the same symptoms. Especially with the bumps particularly on the cervix.. it might be something to look into.

yes and both my husband and I are clean in that manner. The doctor already checked the bumps but didn't do any tests on them.

Edit: The weird thing is after cleaning out last night there's not really any discharge today. Waiting to see if anymore comes or not. I'm so confused. I do have an appointment with my specialist Dec 3rd...which is about a week before a period is due next month so I'm hoping it'll do something at that time but its a few days early before the time this has been happening

anyone? its weird. there's barely any discharge at all now. just a slight bit. is this something I should worry about if it comes every month at the same time but goes away too? its gotta be linked to my menstrual cycle somehow.....

From what I have understood, the white discharge could be from you ovulating. Does it have the consitency of egg white?

no not that I see. Would I ovulate 5 days before my period? I thought you ovulated around the 10-14th day from the first day of a period my specialist had said...???? plus this is only 2 months in a row this has happened. I'm 28...its weird this should start like this. I still have that discharge now..its white and has no odor, but is very thick. checked again today and its still there. Still no itch or burn, no irritation. Everything else is normal but this discharge. I'm due Tues for my period.

last month they had me treat for yeast, which did not take it away, and then I had a pap (which came back normal a week later they said), and then a period and it was gone after my period until now...do you think it could be somehow related to the period and maybe be something coming out before the uterous lining? its just so confusing.

well....the discharge is gone just like last month before my period...but I'm 3 days late and still no sign of my period..not even pain or cramps. not that it hasn't been late before.....its normal to be 4-5 days late now and then. just makes me wonder whats going on with all this stuff happening. wondering if I should waste my time buying a home pregnancy test or not..But I kinda wanna wait to see if it is just the normal 4-5 days late thing...but at the same time I hate waiting and I wanna know.....*sighs*

Pregnancy tests from the grocery store aren't that expensive, so why don't you buy 2 and take one now and one later if you don't get your period.

I would but I just got my period which is exceedingly painful. I just hope it doesn't last all through the period like last time. thats unusual for me even with the endometriosis. The pain usually always stops the first day once the blood clots are flowing. Even so, could I be pregnant with a period? I've heard of it. I'm just so confused by all this and in the end I suppose I have no choice but to wait to see my specialist in a few weeks.

well it seems I have Nabothian Cysts, and the discharge was from some common vaginal infection. all cleared up now, just 2 random things that started at the same time in the same area I guess. my specialist still will not even listen to me to tell him about new symptoms with the endo i wanted to ask about. he just cuts me off and leaves the room. time for a new specialist i think

What was the "common vaginal infection"?

okay since i was like 11 i had a white discharge and it doesnt itch, burn or anything like that it doesnt really have a smell and a took a over the counter treatment for a yeast infection. That didnt do any thing and it happens all the time for no reason and i have only been with one person and thats when i was 15 and he doesnt have any symptoms... so what do i do i havent been to the doctor yet but that just scares me... How do you get rid of it... %-) %-)

The common infection was likely bacterial vaginosis ('BV' caused by gardnerella). It's not considered an STD. It's an overgrowth of bacteria normally found in the vagina. The bacteria flourishes when the yeast-bacteria balance is disturbed. So when you treat for a yeast infection it reduces the yeast and allows the bacteria to thrive. Similar to how you may get a yeast infection if you take antibiotics that kill off bacteria but leave you with an abundance of yeast. There are over the counter BV treatment kits, but until you know for sure that's what it is, you should see a doctor or it will likely return every month until you do. It can also be tricky to restore the proper vaginal pH when you are messing with the delicate bacteria/yeast balance. There is a natural product called Rephresh that helps restore proper vaginal pH to discourage the overgrowth of bacteria and yeast.