I have begun HCG injections for weight loss. I was told it would make me more fertile but my birth control would counter that. Does anyone know anything about the risk of taking HCG and birth control? I do not want to have another baby.
Thank you.

No convincing scientific evidence exists that human chorionic gonadotropin has any pharmacologic effect in weight reduction. Hence, claims to the public that such effects do occur are a misrepresentation of the scientific facts."
FDA requires all labeling and advertising of HCG to state that it has not been demonstrated to be effective in the treatment of obesity. The ads must also state that HCG is not approved by FDA as safe and effective in treatment of obesity of weight control.

Yet the use of HCG for weight loss continues. For instance, advertisements for weight-loss clinics using HCG appeared in the Chicago area in the summer of 1982. The ads included the required disclaimer, but in type much smaller than that used to extol the virtues of the clinics' program.

The pill or shot to enable a person to lose weight without danger and without eating less has not been formulated. And the garment or other device to let one firm up or lose inches without moving a muscle has yet to be invented.

It looks like those who want to be slim will have to resort to those old, unglamorous standbys--eating less and exercising more--to shake those excess pounds.

At least until the next waving of the magic wand.

HCG injections are not known to reduce weight at all, and this was the easiest article to read, that I found....

The birth control pill WILL hopefully prevent pregnancy, but if you were to get pregnant, the HCG would only help the pregnancy, not hinder it.

Where can a person receive HCG for weight loss in the US?

HOW MUCH HCG ARE YOU TAKING FOR WEIGHT LOSS AND HOW MANY DAYS A WEEK?

This is the only alternative hCG in the United States.

edited.

It is the only approved alternative to the injections.

Your posts are being edited because you continue to break our rules.

I found a place in Hillsboro that does Hcg Sublingual drops. It combined with the very low calorie diet should help shed pounds as Hcg boosts your metabolism naturally, as it does during pregnancy. However I am still not clear on the interaction between Hcg and birth control pills. I have not found any material on it on my own and have enlisted my doctor to find information for me at this time. So if you really want to know ask a doctor. I will let you knwo what the doctor says when he gets back to me on Firday.

It would be great if you could just answer questions instead of giving us a history lesson. HCG DOES work for weight loss and I had no problems while taking it with my hcg injections.

Hey nay sayers, HCG DOES work for weight loss. It is amazing. I lost 52 lbs. and 47 inches in 4 months. I am smaller then I have ever been in my adult life, weighing in at only 119. A Doctor in Tucson Arizona prescribed it to me. It was 64 dollars to fill the prescription at a compounding pharmacy. 12.5 mls is what I took daily. In regards to birth control. You can take it. You will be fine. HCG does not make you more fertile, your body believes it is already pregnant! :-)

Carifairy wrote:

Quote:

Yes the HCG is proven wieght loss. I am on my 3rd go around with the shots. The first 2 rounds I lost a total of 22 pounds and 12 inches. You see immediate results in the first few days. So for all you skeptics out there it does work. My mom, myself and my friend lost a total of 95 pounds.

Just a reply to the above commen,t HCG DOES help you lose weight. I have lost 50lbs and have been able to keep it off. But just taking hcg isn't the solution, you have to follow a strict diet for 21-45 days and then after the diet you have to complete several tasks to re-start your motablism. SO yes it does help you lose weight, but it has to be done the right way otherwise, its pointless.

The B12 shot does not make you lose weight. What makes you lose the weight is the shot boosts your metabolism which makes you more motivated, more active and that is how you lose the weight (as well as sticking to a healthy diet)

I am an Rx HCG injection coach and have successfully lost and kept off 110 pounds for almost 2 years now.  I also have some private support groups on facebook.  I can show you how to do this for less than half what it would cost to go to a dr or expensive clinic.   ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

Actually I've know many people who have used HCG to help with weightloss...the results were incredible. I'm the kind of person that I have to see it to believe it, and I've seen it, so I believe it.