could someone please help me? i'm 15 and a little bit over wieght, but have a lot of muscle and have strech marks on my bicepts and abbs. all of my male reletives are like 230 lbs and have alot of muscle. so is it like a hereditary thing or is it just being over wieght? and are they things to be ashamed of because there is a girl i want to ask out but am worried that she will see them or something like that. so please answer if you can, thanks

Hi gunfire,

The same thing happened to me at your age. I still have the marks.

It's not really just being overweight but that can be a factor. It also is how fast you grow. A quick growth spurt can cause this.

I know they're very noticeable to you but lots of people have them. A lot of women have them, especially after having a baby but many before as well.

If the girl is someone you're really interested in then ask her out. If she sees the stretch marks and makes an unflattering comment then she's not for you. I guarantee there will be a girl out there for you that won't care.

Good luck, please post back and let us know how you're doing.

Having stretchmarks is just part of life. Most people have them and it's usually from the skin growing too quickly whether it's muscle or whether it's fat or just a pregnancy. I have stretch marks from growing too fast!! Unfortunately there isn't much treatment for them but it's just a hereditary thing. If anyone ever has a problem with you because of them, they weren't good enough for you to begin with. Ask the girl out. And good luck. :-) Let me know how it goes, okay?

I heard that cocoa butter helps. You might want to check that out. :-)

As a guy who wasted a lot fo money on cocoa butter, it doesn't do a dang thing. But it sounds like a good idea!