I am 47 and went to the gyno surgeon yesterday after I have had unexplained bleeding for 20 days alot of the days with heavy or flooding.Ive suffered heavy floods for at least 4 yrs now but never this long.The gyno says this is hormonal based and risk is too high to consider hysterectomy as yet and we will try minor surgery first,I had previous fallopian disorder,burst appendix,ruptured tube,PID,and so basically I have too much adhesion locking my bits to other bits so a hysterectomy will be very tricky,lucky I havent had much pain with the bleeding usually on heavy days I take 1 naproxen and it fixes it and also slows bleed,right now I am on tranemaxic acid and its not really helping and scared of side effects,clots,especially if haven surgery in 10 days time,becaue I have high risk of PID I am not a candidate for Mirena,so I am having a hystoscope,biopsy,DnC then Novasure ablation. I dont drink or smoke am a slender build and relatively healthy.All my blood tests are normal apart from slight low iron and VitD probably fro n the heavy bleeds each month. Id like to hear fom any ladies who had success from ablation Ive read alot of good and bad,basically if it fails my next option is hysterectomy and she canot guarantee it can be done keyhole beause of the adhesions everywhere inside,I also know I need to request if having hysterectomy the cirvis is left intact as I have read of all the horrid rolems women have if thats also removed.Anyway please let me know your story and wish me luck.....very scared Bet65

I had endometrial alblation several years ago due to excessive bleeding lasting weeks at a time when I had a period.  Severe pain and passing blood clots the size of lemons......I too was a high risk patient. The alblation only lasted a year. Symptoms came back ten times worse. Due to severe pain I even tried pain management with morphine pills... Didnt work.... I eventually had a hysterectomy 2 years after the alblation. My GYN said my insides were a mess. He didnt give up on me and did the surgery anyway-------- laproscopic. THE BEST decision I ever made......I feel great. Actually I feel the best I have felt in years... I do take a very very small dose of estrogen....  Good luck...

MommyBKnowsBest wrote:

Here are my thoughts and in the comment section you'll see a lot of great feedback from others as well: ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Thank you so much Mommy reading all those posts has answered lots of questions and I feel I am definately a good case for Novasure to be successful, even though the dr told me that its nice to hear from women who actually had it done and good to hear good and bad outcomes,seems to me alot who had previous problems and especialy tubes tied or been on hormones have less success, but I am sure a person physical health, weight,diet and ffamily history are all key to the outcome. Anyway I am counting the days.Thanks for help.