Im really confused as to what to do, Ive just found out im roughly 5 weeks pregnant but it was a complete suprise as im on the pil but earlier last month i had a fall which triggered a period out of my usual cycle and the nurse said that this could have been the cause but ive taken my pill 100% everyday so it was completely unexpected.
Its very complicated atm, I live with the father of the child but Im not in a relationship with him, we are in a flat share together and around 2 months or so ago started getting very close and sleeping together (stupid i know) but i really like him and he's been very supportive when i told him but he's adament he thinks an abortion is the right idea, which i think logically is but i ust cant get my head around it, i am pro choice but i have always said i could never do that and i still feel like i cant. I dont want to ruin his life though, and we are both in a bad point of our lifes to bring a child into it, we're not in a stable relationship, im still at university and various other factors, but i really dont think i can go through with it but im so scared he'll hate me if i dont. it is his life as well, he's the type of guy who if i keep it he'll stick by me but i dont want him to feel that he has to and end up resenting me for it. im so confused.. any sort of help would be great.. xx

I am not a female, so I can only tell you what I have been told. Every female who has had an abortion, that I have talked to, have told me that they regret it. The other two alternatives would be to take on the role of mommy until the child is 18, with or without his help. Or adoption. This keeps you from the abortion regrets, provides a chance for another couple to have a child if they can't on their own, and if its an open adoption you can stay in touch without actually being mommy. I would talk with the father to be sure he was OK with that since his permission might be required as well. If he is pressuring you for an abortion then you can have him sign to release parental rights and you sign to not hold him responsible. This would give him an out if that is what he wants. If he resents you either way, then you two need to move on to better relationships. Sorry, but that is the situation.