Has anybody underwent Medifast diet here? A co-worker just started it and is so full of energy and excited about this new program that would make her lose weight permanently. Her arrogance and confidence in this program are so irritating that I needed to check what it is all about!

In my opinion, every dieter is excited at the beginning thinking that the new method would bring them permanent weight loss. If results don’t occur immediately, many of them lose the initial excitement. I have seen it a number of times. I have been reading about this diet and I can’t say if it would work or not for someone who follows it but in my personal opinion, it is not so wise to be on a diet where you are allowed to eat chili, soups, puddings, shakes, bars and drinks, crackers. Excuse me but this is not how I see a good weight loss program. Yet, I would never pay for a program and yet had to order meals online. Sounds stupid. I believe in small, frequent meals, no crackers, shakes and snacks, but a lots of fruits and vegetables and moderate exercise. Sorry I wasn’t that helpful, I just felt like sharing an opinion.

My sister went on it many years ago when it was only available by prescription. She was very heavy and lost a lot of weight. She looked great....for a while. Then the weight came back on with a vengance. She had to buy two airline seats when she traveled. Its not realistic and won't help you change your habits. At the end you will have the security blanket of "safe" food pulled out from under you. Unless you have changed your habits you'll be back at square one in no time.

The program is available to purchase without a prescription and is easy to follow. You can choose between their oatmeals, soups, shakes and puddings for 5 servings a day. In addition to that they allow one Lean/Green meal with around 7 ounces of lean meat and 2 cups of non-starch veggies.

The cost is around $14 a box(qty 7 per box) for each item. Therefore the costs are about $12-15 a day (there are snacks you can have one of too).

I have tried this and it does work, long term liquid diets have a poor success rate. The best way is to cut calories, move more, drink lots of water and stop eating a few hours before bed.

I have been on medifast for 2.5 weeks with my husband. I lost 25 pounds, he lost 15. However, we are going to try simply cutting out complex carbs, eat lean meat and stay around 1200 calories to see how that goes for us.

I will say that the Medifast (or any program similar) makes it quick and easy for busy people to eat modestly because it's all grab and run food for the most part.

Dori

I've been doing Medifast for about a year now and have lost over 60 lbs., which isn't extremely quick, but is the only diet that worked for me!

All I can say is that I have been doing Medifast for 5 weeks (including Thanksgiving and now Christmas) and except for yesterday when I hosted a party, I have stuck with the plan. And yesterday, instead of having the packets, I had a small plate of cheese, 2 meatballs, about 10 baked chips and one small surgar free brownie, and 2 slices of pineapple... (alright alright 2 small sugar free brownies!)... When I added everything up, I do believe I stayed within the 800-1000 calorie range.

I lost 17 pounds the first month and hope to average at least 10 pounds a month. I have to lose a total of close to 200 pounds, so I know it will be probably 18 months before I reach my goal. However, I know I can do it. I have eliminated that packets that I just could not stomach.

Also, as for the expense.... well if you add everything up it costs a little less than $75 per week plus the expense of your meat and vegies. You would spend about that much on any other "food" diet (more for Jenny craig types). So, don't be fooled by folks who enter the "Money" card in.

I have been on the Medifast "diet" since Tues, 6days now, and have only lost 2 lbs, which I am sure are water loss. For the first 3 days I was so miserable, cold and had headaches to have only lost 3 lbs.== it just is not worth it. The person who "sold" me this, said I would lose approximately 5 lbs the first week.
I am allergic to milk, and have had very bad reactions from the Medifast foods, I was told there was no milk in the shakes,==wrong! the majority of their products have milk...i really am surprised their health counselors aren't taught better.
I believe you can accomplish the same with store market foods, that are low carb, low fat and feel better. Tabatchnick in the frozen food section makes great low fat soups, and they have about the same number of carbs that Medifast does. Once you start checking out the number of carbs in each package, they are really not that low carb..

Anyway, it was a big disappointment for me = I hope this helps. The old adage, eat healthy and move more is the best prescription.

I have been on Medifast for about 6 months now. So far I have lost 142 pounds so far. I started out ten years ago weighing 750 pounds, so this brings my total weight loss to 358 pounds. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to try it. It has been tested by Johns Hopkins and they say it is safe and effective.

The Medifast plan is not designed for everyone, and may not be valuable to those with allergies or special dietary needs.

I heard about this diet from an acquaintance. I thought there was no milk in the product. I experienced horrible gas and diarrhea, similar to the lactose intolerance attacks. After 6 days on the diet I was horribly weak, shakey, confused, my speech was even slurred and I was unable to remember anything that happened in the last 5 minutes. It has taken me almost a week to recover from this diet. My energy is still very low, but at least my mind is coming back. What is in these products for sweetening? I think it may have adversely affected my nervous system. Anyway,anyone trying this diet should just order a weeks worth of it to try it out. I ordered $300.00 worth and would like to return it but can't get a reply from the email I wrote. Any suggestions?

I have been on the diet for a little over 3 months, and have been very pleased with my success, and the success of my daughter. She has lost 50 pounds, and I am down 25. I have a lot less to loose, so it's not a huge surpise to me that it's coming off slower! I was 140 when I started, and she was over 300, so it's going to come off faster for her than for me in the begining. We learned that you can contact your Health Coach or Medifast directly to return the items that you don't like. If you don't get an answer to your email, call them direct. They have been very helpful to us! I am almost to my goal weight, and am considering going on maintenance. We both find ways to make the diet more user friendly, the Medifast website has a lot of tools, other people to interact with and recipies! I hope that you are albe to be pleasantly pleased with thier customer service! :-D

I've tried various diets for the past 4+ years. I prefer the Medifast Diet because it doesn't make me feel weak or sickly (as compared to some others I've tried). I also found a good website for buying my Medifast products at a discounted price :-D

Sorry I’m so late to this conversation. I’ve been doing Medifast for 16 weeks and have lost 59 pounds. I did not go to a clinic I signed up under a coach and he’d provided all of my coaching for free. I only pay for food. Because of my on the go lifestyle the food plan is perfect and I’m actually saving money on my food bill! In the process my wife has lost 42 lbs. on the plan and we’ve become coaches ourselves, helping people get healthy at no additional cost to them after the food.

One of the things I love about the over plan we're on is the next two phases - transition after you've lost the weight and maintenance.  Without those two next steps I believe everyone will gain the weight back.  But with them, we see upwards of 80% of those we help keep the weight off for years.  Check out Easy2BeHealthy.com.

I have been on Medifast since March 4, 2013. Lost 80 pounds so far. Great diet if you want to lose weight fast, avoid hunger, and have tons of energy. Easy to follow and cost $12 per day.

I highly recommend it.

what website do you use to buy Medifast products on line? Thank you!