Hi, I was proposed to try acupuncture treatments for quitting smoking. But, I don’t really believe it. Anyway, I am desperate my child has asthma and I can’t stop smoking. I may even try acupuncture. Has anyone achieved success with acupuncture?

If you really wish to stop smoking you will try even something you don’t believe in, and you will see that acupuncture works. It worked for me. Studies suggest that, 40 percent of smokers who received acupuncture and anti-smoking counseling quitted smoking. The results were much lower for participants who received only acupuncture without counselling;as 20 percent quitted smoking. No one knows how acupuncture acts and provides cure from addiction. Some scientists support theory that it increases body's production of mood-enhancing endorphins, so body doesn;t feel that much insufficiency of nicotine.