Same here on the pain with fruity drinks. I have linked my pain through citrus drinks alcohol drinks such as zima and heavy carbonated drinks, caffeine and citrus foods such as kiwi and pineapples. Soda pop mostly mountain due. Very intense pain on the right side of my neck lasting 20 mins or so.

These are my exact symptoms.

First of all, I feel your pain! Secondly, I'm relieved that some one else knows what I'm taking about! I've endured this pain for 12 years. It first started when I was 19, drinking peach schnapps. I've tales to various doctors about it, but none of them have offered any insight out even seemed to care.

When I was pregnant with my third, I developed gal stones. The pain was very similar, so I thought maybe they was the prickly ask these years. So, I had my gal bladder taken out, but when I began drinking alcohol again, I found that the pain remained. Ugh.

So, I'm glad to find I'm not the only one. Likewise, my pain is associated with fruity, sugary drinks. I would love to find a solution to this, other than just not drinking. :-(

Same here for past 16 years. I'm an RN hubby a physician. He thinks it's a spasm of some kind. Gallbladder ok. Fine with wine or beer. Have had to leave many dinners and parties. Worst "attack" 2 sips Mikes hard lemonade. It is a bizarre thing and I want to know why this happens. I would even be a guinea pig to figure this out.

Idk what it is at this point but I do know for a fact that ice helps. And it sux and in sorry ur going thru it. Best regards

Try ice till u find the cure. Works 4 me

Could be an electrolyte or vitamin D deficiency, try drinking Gatorade and taking a multivitamin the day before, or a few hours before.
https://www.steadyhealth.com/medical-answers/what-causes-shoulder-pain-after-drinking-alcohol

Mine is defiantly citrus related also. I first noticed it 25 years ago drinking wine coolers. I can't drink any type of citrus alcohol - wine coolers and triple sec are the worst. But I can drink hard liquor, beer etc with no problems at all. I've never talked to my doctor about it - I just figured it was some type of allergic reaction and I steer clear of all mixed drinks unless I know exactly what they contain. The good news is that when it does happen, it only last about 25 minutes - which I figure is how long it takes to metabolize the alcohol.

I have discover that it only happen to me when my drink contain citrus also waiting to learn of the cause of this pain

I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering if any of you every figured it out?? Rum has given she severe, short-lived shoulder pain for many years. I always thought I was allergic to it. But a few weeks ago I accidentally had a rum drink and was totally fine - no issues. Then the other day I purposefully drank rum and BAM! Pain again. I don't get it. Maybe it was cheap rum? or not? I don't know but it sucks and I really want to know what's going on. A friend of mine told me that if you're close to your monthly that rum will do that to you. He said it happened with 4 previous girlfriends. Not sure if he's just blowing smoke, but either way I'm not close so that wouldn't be the case. Anyways, just thought I'd pop in to see if anyone solved this puzzle yet...

This happens to me almost always if I drink sugary soft or hard drinks. Has been happening for about a year now. The pain starts in my chest, then develops in my shoulders. My friend thought I was crazy lol.

I get it as well. Only with hard liquor. It is so painful but goes away after 10 minutes

I had a pina colada when it happened

Wow! I have the same problem. Only with liquor and fruity drinks also..also with mountain dew I've noticed. I never pushed myself to the doctor because I guess I thought I was just weird! But beer and wine never gives me any problems..

I have been searching the Internet for hours now. I have the exact same thing. I drink pretty often. But every once in a while I have this extreme pain in my stomach, right between my ribs. And the pain radiates to my whole upper body, including my shoulders. And I feel sick. It also hurts when I press on my upper stomach. It feels like my muscles are super tense. And after I lay down for a bit, it goes away. A lot of people that I know have this exact same problem. And I'm so curious to figure out exactly what it is. Did u have any luck?