I started masturbation when i was 13.. and now i'm 16.. u can call it over-masturbation.. i've had alot of side effects since then.. actually disastrous.. ones that make yr life worse.. i want to know how ppl say that masturbation have small side effects.. i feel they have side effects more than cancer.. lol.. in tha past three years my mind became so stupid and with memory loss and my mind cant concentrate to get or solve any information any more.. i'm feeling tired all tha time.. having problems with sleeping.. its brining problems in every thing in my body.. and most recently was tha biggest problem for me.. tha side effect of masturbation made a problem in my right knee.. at least i think masturbation is tha problem for that as it been tha cause of everything lately.. i was a great football player b4.. now i cant play football properly.. my right knee is hurting alot and i have very low stamina.. i dont even smoke.. did an x-ray on my right knee and it showed it was perfect.. this means that there's no injury on tha knee.. its something else.. wat do eveybody think about this ??

alright people that say that mastrabation had side affects are wrong dont listen to them there is no side affects there just trying to scare you as for your problems they may just me a manfestation of your paranoina there has been some cases that has happened like that dont worry just try an not think of your problems an they should go away if not get some help from a doctor

Hey man. I have heard about this problem before and I don't think your issue with your knee is by any means related to masturbation side effects. Tiredness is a normal issue while overmasturbating, but it can't possibly do any harm on your body parts. I suggest you should try quitting for a while and see what happens. You will have more energy but your knee problems will not heal because of quitting. I think that your leg issue is based on some other problem. Even though x-ray isn't showing any damage, it doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't one. Let us know what you did. 

Its all in yer head. :| I do it 1 time a day. And have done it 4 over 1 year and have had no negitive side efects. ;-)

Come on guys!!! There is NO WAY masturbation could possibly cause all those physical problems in your body. In fact, the effects could actually help PREVENT certain types of cancer in the long run. The only difference between masturbation and two people having sex on a daily basis is how many people are involved. You're ending with the same result although not nearly as satisfying with one person.

You SERIOUSLY need to go see a doctor and tell him/her ALL of your symptoms.........SOON

Your knee problems, on the other hand, could be caused by you spending too much time on it during masturbation. Find a different position. (I suppose you could get carpal tunnel also if you did it enough.)

Lots of interesting posts. I've researched this topic a bit and wanted to share m experience. Some of the posts seem like they might be from girls with ulterior motives. This is the truth, from a guy that has studied this problem from several different angles.

Are there negative side effects from masturbation? There can be in some people. Over-masturbation can definitely lead to a range of worsening side effects. How much is over-masturbating? Depends on the person. Everyone is different. Just like some people get headaches easily and others have never had a headache in their life, some people have a greater capacity for masturbation. How can you tell what your capacity is? When you start to get negative side effects.

On another side note. There have been some studies on the psychosomatic effect of guilt and masturbation. People can feel guilty afterwards and actually condition themselves to experience negative side effects.

For the most part, masturbation is healthy. You can actually condition yourself to be able to masturbate more frequently without side effects. I don't know how its done but I've heard about people that have done that. Masturbation will protect from prostate cancer later in life. Additionally, regular masturbation will protect against impotence and other sexual dysfunctions and can also protect from urinary tract infections.

If you are an athlete or a bodybuilder then masturbation can have some negative side effects. When you lose a lot of calcium masturbating and then you engage in heavy lifting or explosive exercise like dunking a basketball, your bones and joints are a little bit weaker because of the osteoclasts breaking down your bones to provide more calcium for your muscle to compensate for what you lost masturbating. You can injure yourself more easily. Plus, you can get acne more easily from masturbating. Fatique and memory loss are other problems that you can get from over-masturbating.

This does not mean you should blame masturbation for all your problems. You need to experiment with your body. Go a few weeks without masturbating and see if it makes a positive difference in your life. If it does, then you need to cut down.

Everyone needs to find a healthy balance. It's like food. You can't eat Big MAcs every day and hope to be healthy, right? Same with masturbation. You need to find out how often you can do it without negative side effects.

Plus, if you are trying to bodybuild, and you can only get in the gym 2-3 times/week, masturbation makes it harder to keep your muscle tone because you are losing testosterone.

So, try to enjoy life. But if you are trying to impress that one girl by getting a nice body, ask yourself if maybe she won't be more impressed by you being at ease around her and not so sexually anxious. Find what works best for you. I think the worst advice is from all these supposed experts that keep trying to tell you that masturbation is completely fine and that you should do it as much as you like. I wonder how many people that say that are actual athletes. They might also say that it doesn't matter what your body looks like. They might be right about that one, but its ultimately up to YOU to decide for yourself.

PEACE OUT. I'M GOING TO GO MASTURBATE NOW.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you are having these problems with masturbation...sexual activity with another partner may be deadly. (I'm being sarcastic).

Masturbation is physically inducing sexual arousal to the point of orgasm. With any physical activity there is an inherent possibility of injury.

From a neurological standpoint hormones are released in your body and play a role in the orgasm. Afterwards you have a post-climatic sense of euphoria. The time frame of this period varies.

In short unless you have some genetic defect or extreme hypersensitivity to epinephrine masturbation is not causing the symptoms you listed.

Your lack of ability to concentrate is likely due to many additional factors including anxiety and stress.

If you do believe these symptoms are being caused by masturbation the simple answer is to stop masturbating.

I mentioned earlier in the post that any physical activity can bring harm. It is possible that you have injured your knee in some way during masturbation.

Frequent masturbation is often seen as a sign of sexual addiction. If your activities are negatively affecting your life you need to take the necessary steps to get help.

id have to say i am atticted to masturbation. for the last 8 years. i do it at least once a day and i always do it before i fall asleep at night (otherwise i cant) and i do it sometimes 1-5 times during the day. (usually just that once at night though)

I have a knee problem, kind of how you have mention earliy.
Currently with my knees the problem is, i cant stand still (walking, jumping climbing running is fine) for more than 5 mins. After that i feel a very large acking pain in both knees. If i stand longer it ackes even more. So i HAVE to sit down. I have had a doctor do a few scans like bone scans and x-rays. But the scans have not picked up anything. I have looked right through the internet to figure why my knees hurt and i have come to a point where i think it could be the masterbation that causes this. You mention early that you have had scans on your knees but nothing came up. This was the same with me...

I have come to a point in my life where i am a desprate man. I have tryed to stop musturbation so many times but have failed. As you can imagine small things like going to the supermarket is a mission as it hurts standing in line at the counter. I cant even get a part time job to help with my studies because of this...

So plllleeease if i stop masterbation will this really fix my knees? Can i reverse my problem? Please help me out. I am so attictted to this.

You have yet to establish a connection between knee pain and your masturbation.
You simply SUSPECT that it may be linked. But you have not made your case.

Now, if you're kneeling on your knees as you masturbate, that's a problem in a different area.

However, it is not unusual for people to be tired, or achey after having an orgasm or climax.

Try backing off on your frequency and perhaps you'l have more energy.

Good luck.

I'm a doctor, and I'll let you know what the problem is.

1. Your testicles are like a factory with Artificial Intelligence. It will produce more sperms based on demand
More you masturbate, more it will feel the need to produce. It will start to compromise the nutrients in the sperms
with the nutrients in your body. It WILL make your bones weaker.

2. Joint problems, knee problems, bottom of your foot hurting... all these

That might not be a coincidence, because I have started having problems in my right knee as well! Like you, I went to the docor and had it X-rayed and he found nothing wrong with it and just assumed it's a tendon. It's hard to say for sure, but it does seem to hurt after whacking off. I've been experimenting, and will continue to pay close attention. I also notice I get really tired afterwards and can't focus or do anything productive.

For anyone reading this with skepticism, I understand where you're coming from but realize I'm not an id**t. I'm a college student in my early 20s who would like to believe masturbation has no side-effects, and yet my personal experience is convincing me otherwise.

will any side effects start to happen after your first time

Here's an update, as I said I would give: My knee was doing fine for several days until I beated off saturday, and then it got sore again. I wonder if the prostate draws substances out of the body (including my knee) to produce siemen - I really don't know but perhaps this is possible? I know the longer it takes you to wank, the more fluid will exit your body during climax. So maybe just not taking so long could help, and you could still do it just as often - I'm not a doctor though. This is really all just my own speculation. I've been taught there are no negative side-effects from masturbation, but my experience just says otherwise.

!!!!!! I finally found my problem !!! To anybody reading this , if you do sports and have and athletic body stop masturbating.
I`ll tell you my story . Just like many others have said. The knee problem is not just a coincidence, it is directly linked/related to masturbating. I was really fast and my legs were very strong, I used to be a sprinter, soccer player, and mountain climber. When I started masturbating I noticed that I was not progressing anymore, no matter how hard I trained. After 1-2 years, masturbation became like a routine and I started feeling my knees really weak , until one day both of my knees got injures. Just like someone else said before , I could not stand still for more than 5 minutes, I had to sit right away or I would get extreme soreness and knee pain. Daily activities like going to the park and baby stuff became a nightmare, I basically became handicapped.
I decided to find the problem , went to the doctor and did xray , nothing showed up . Went to the doctor again did MRI(after 10 months of having the xray) , they discovered extreme muscle atrophy , tears to the ligaments and tendons , extremely weak ligaments and tendons, and a torn ligaments that for some reason(lucky me) got partially healed.(all these symptoms happened in the span of 3 years). I was trying to see what to do , physiotherapy , or surgery , but while I was deciding what I wanted to do, my father told me to try doing bike. So I tried (I never told to anybody that I was maturbating, not even the doctor! , so I made a promise to myself , I really wanted to get healed and be normal again , so I finally stop masturbating , each time I wanted to do it , I just remembered the horrible knee pain that helped me to stop masturbating). I finally stopped masturbating , after 1 month without masturbating and doing 10 min low intensity biking with pain every single day , I started noticing a big difference , my knees were more stable and stronger , also my knee stop getting popping noises. Secon month I increased the biking intensity and duration to 15- 30 min daily , the knee pain dramatically decreased , I even stopped taking the elevator when I feel energetic.
Now I am almost in my 3th month without masturbation , it is awesome I have more energy , I can focus like an eagle trying to catch its prey, my knees are slowly becoming normal again. For those people saying that masturbation and sex is good , Im not going to deny that it can prevent prostate cancer, but it can do more harm than good if you do it very often and it will always take important nutrients that your body/joints need to function properly . If you do sports often, do not have sex often . I finally realized that sex is only for reproductive purposes, do you let your instincts control you?? or are you the one in control? True athletes are supposed to control thier mind and body!!!

the knee problem is with me also, and im so addicted to it that i find it imposible to stop, can someone tell me the best way i can stop, cause i stopped for a few days and i started to feel better, but then the urge to wack off again comes back, please let me know