EASY... take a Q-tips slather it with "Neosporin Extra Strength ointment" and Voila! Per my plastic surgeon, had my Rhino a month ago. XD

I'm a month off of septoplasty and turbinate reduction and had a similar problem. Not sure what everyone's talking about here.

My nose smelled like bad cheese/herring. The ENT took one look and said it was scarring/crusting on the turbinates. It happens all the time. Bacteria can get caught up there and presto, you get the smell. He numbed me up, removed the crusting (not a pleasant sight or experience) and the smell was gone. No antibiotics needed.

Dude, don't worry too much I have that too in my left nostril, I cleaned it out today it was some greenish yellowish thick mucas, more like puss..the nose releasing the swelling in a liquid form just like a cut if you get what I mean. I use sinus rinse it helps to flush out this nonsense. But when I did clean it out a nasty smell it come out of my nose thats for sure, strong horrible smell.

Clean your nose ona daily basis the more you let that mocus pile up the more it will smell!!!!!!!

I had my nosejob done 2 weeks ago and I have had this strange smell in my nose too after the surgery. Today a small piece of a little stich came out with some hard slimy gray snot inside the tip (sorry about the gross details). This helped and the smell is almost gone now. I have used a special cup with ordinary warm water with a tea spone salt it and have rinsed the inside of the nose 1-2 times a day as recommened by ENT doctors. This cleans up the nose. I still have some hard weird stuff in there (snot, stiches, blood) - but I am very gentle with the q-tip and don´t want to mess anything up.

which doctor did you go to to get your nose done?

I can smell it too in my nose. It gets worse after showers but I must admit I am really enjoying it and do not want it to go away. Had ryno 5 years ago.

Hi There , can you tell me if the problem is fixed and how? I have the same problem.

Thanks,

Farhad

I had rhino and septoplasy over 3 years ago and came up with the putrid smell only in my right nostril. I only smelled it after I scraped away excess mucous. My surgeon gave me an anti-biotic to use and I have exhausted the entire tube with no positive results. Still the same smell, only in the right nostril, and only notcable after removing the excess mucous. Looks like i need to see another doctor.

Try blowing your nose more maybe? I'm sure you must have crust or blood somewhere deep in your nose! I had my rhino roughly a month ago and after a good solid cleaning of the stubborn scabs and crust the smell disappeared

There is a possibility that you have a slight yeast infection in your nose. It's very difficult to detect as it only shows up as a very slight filmy white layer in your nose. If you've recently had a rhinoplasty surgery the inside of your nose is very raw and cut-up looking so it would be hard to detect white film in addition to everything else. After a rhinoplasty most people have slight infection that the body fights off. If the bacteria remain there as carriers, however, the yeast infection and smell will result. Have your doctor prescribe you Bactroban topical ointment and apply in your nose twice a day.

Had septoplasty done 6 weeks ago.  Went to the doc today for a post op appointment.  He knew right away what I was talking about when I asked about the smell.  He said it was from scabbing.  He cleaned out my nose, took out what only I can describe as a bunch of putrid green globs.  I go back in 2 weeks.  If the smell doesn't go away, it is a sinus infection.

Are you using any creams for the op? Like bactrazan etc because they can get lodged in the nostrils and have a foul smell. Happened to me. Try have a serious clean out in there

me too, i had it in mashhad iran, and the smell is very embarrassing, besides im addicted to otrivin aright after the surgery, i had mine back in january 2011

HI EVERYONE, I FIGURED OUT WHAT THE SMELL IS!! I was soo worried because it was literally DISGUSTING... like rotting dog food, not kidding. I put hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip and put it in my nose and really scraped all over the inside of my nostril pretty hard over and over and over. I kept putting another qtip in the peroxide and doing it, then I blew my nose and a little suture came out (a dissolvable one that hadn't been totally removed) and now the smell is gone. I am a nursing major so I know that a bad smell is usually the sign of infection but I had zero pain, not even tenderness, so I knew it had to be something else. It was DEFINITELY the old suture. Try even soaking a tissue in peroxide and sticking it up there, whatever gets the remaining dissolvable stitches out! :)

The foul smell could infact be related to a dental condition; because the nasal passages are connected to the dental cavity in a different way resulting in a change of breathing format, you may simply be expirencing your nasal sensory adjustment. If the problem persists it is most likely related to a dental condition. Dental problems such as cavities increase your chances of heart attack and brain cancer. As a doctor we are just now starting to understand how healthy teeth can mean a healthy heart and a healthy brain. 

Dr.SianKaan