Yes! After taking a shower its worse! What is this? It smells like mold or a moldy washing machine.

It's a disgusting mildew smell and yes other people can smell it. My boyfriend smells it on me when he kisses me and my hairdresser smelled it when she washed my hair in the sink . I went to the doctor and they took out some really gnarly scabs from the inside of my nose they were so high though I couldn't even see them but there was not only immediate relief but the smell came out with the scabbing. I was also put on more antibiotics because that foul smell Can also be infection .

I have a similar problem. 2 years post rhino, and when I touch/rub my nose it smells bad. I have read that it is because the mucus flow in the nose is greatly disturbed after surgery, so when cells die they just sit there and degrade. The only thing I have found that helps is using nasal saline sprays.
The other problem I've had is that my nose is still bone dry, even 2 years later. It is extremely uncomfortable. The only solution the surgeon gives me is to use a saline spray. But, it's impractical to use a saline spray every 2 minutes. After reading about dry nose online, it seems this is a common problem and surgeons don't tell you about it pre-surgery. I would never have done this if I knew this is how it'd be.

That's a great way to seriously damage your post-operative nose. Don't blow your nose hard until your doctor tells you that you are safe to do so. Seriously. Read your after care instructions carefully and follow them.

I believe the smell comes from the animal intestines used as surgical yarn. (i think my english explained it , somehow)

HI there. I also have the same as you when i rub or touch the tip. It has been there years. What was the result of the visit to the ENT.

Hi I had rhinoplasty 8months ago in November 2016 and before surgery suffered from sinuses. Since surgery everyday since I have had a severe foul smell coming from my nose and severe mucus and at times when I blow my nose it is bloody. Sometimes the mucus is clear and other times greenish/yellowish. I am concerned but at the moment can't afford to see my ENT specialist. So far reading other peoples comments it seems quite common people getting a foul smell but this seriously can't be normal. We are in July now so i'm hoping my tax hurrys up so I can book in to see my ENT

the knots are now out on mine! can I snip them or must I wait? this smell is making me so miserable. I never feel clean

I have this too! Can other people smell that or just us disgusted with it? 3 years ago I had rhinoplasty

not true at all...

Having same foul smell 6 weeks after Sinus surgery. It is very foul smelling like road kill or rotting flesh. No fever no tast but one nasty smell

My experience: I had rhinoplasty 2 months ago and from week 6 I started having this smell.
Initially used a saline spray which helped a bit but not entirely. I then checked with my surgeon who confirmed it is common and he recommended hydrogen paroxide. Either create a spay with hydrogen paroxide dilluted in water and spray the inside of your nose once a day or put some hydrogen paroxide on a q tip and gently clean the inside of your nose. Emphasis on gently please!
Good luck and please don't worry and be patient, it gets better at first and then disappears within a few weeks.

Ask your doctor to test you for Staph. They need to swab the inside of the nostril in question.