I had a rhinoplasty 2 years ago & the smell is literally unbearable!! Smells like vinegar or rot!! Every day my nose is full if scabs & blood! The smell is driving me insane!!!

i had this too.. can anyone help us?..

I can say my experience on this matter, after reading the forum. It was after the third week that I started to feel a not nice smell, i can describe such a smell like "wet dog". My doctor advised me to use saline water products for cleaning my nose, at the begining nothing was coming out, and I started to get worried, but then it was like someone open a close pipe, and suddenly, my left nostril open, mucus, coagulated blood, etc went out, and voila the smell went away, :-D. I must keep using the saline water product for 2 weeks every 4 hours. At least that was what my doctor say to me. Greetings from Norway.

Use saline spray :) !!! I will help u should have used it the day after ur surgery . It's cleanse our ur nose an keeps its clean while getting rid of the dry blood and smell! Trust me I have had a nose job before and a revision after that. Used it both times and te second time around I used it before ever even giving that nasty smell a chance to appear! SALINE SPRAY but it at cvs :) hope this helps :) don't freak out its normal its just the blood and mucus building up causing a smell.

I had surgery 2 weeks ago. I am a nurse and I am aware of a post op minor problem called "spitting a stitch". I too have had a foul odor in my nose. I was cleaning my nostrils with hydrogen peroxide and a q tip, when I noticed some pus on the q-tip. I then gently squeezed the tip of my nose and more pus came out. I knew that I had dissolvable stitches just inside my nostrils and your body can reject them causing a small pus pocket. Once the pus pocket breaks open and the knot of the suture comes out, the problem resolves. I called my doctor and she agreed. I have continued to aggressively clean inside my nostrils with hydrogen peroxide and she gave me an antibiotic. The knot of the stitch came out on my q-tip and the smell is gone. I have had this happen every time I have had these types of sutures. This problem can occur months after a surgery.

Use a neti pot instead of saline spray and gently blow your nose after

I'm having the same thing going on.. I came up with the conclusion the other day that the smell I am smelling is bad or dry breath? It's weird though because no one else can smell it only me. I had my wisdom teeth taken out 3 months ago and they were lodged in my sinus cavities. My doctor put me on a round of amox after the surgery then two rounds of augmeton after cause I had an infection. I was so scared to have the surgery and this smell isn't going away!! Any light on the situation would be so much help. I just want to feel normal again.

I watched a show once about this lady who complained of having weird stuff coming out of her nose and having bad smells. A doctor examined her nose and the surgeon who performed a nose surgery left a gauze inside and bacteria startes growing on it and begun to form stuff in it.

My rhino was seven years ago and still I have a smell.   Not all the time but some times it is so bad I makes me sick to my stomach.  Since the surgery I also am unable to do a netti pot.  The water will not run from side to side.  And I also have mucus that may constantly run out of my nose.  It is clear in nature.  I can blow my nose but a minute later it will be running again.    Had a CT scan and they said everything was ok.   Not only was it a bad asthetic result, I know have to deal with this as well. 

Oh God I had my surgery 4 years ago and still smell the scent when I rub the tip of my nose..I know my doctor put sutures inside the tip of my nose so I'm hoping I'm not allergic to those..I feel like I would have known by now but the smell is horrible when it comes around.

Hi, I had the same problem after septoplasty. it started 4 weeks after the surgery and drove me crazy! But now I know what was the reason. The smell is caused by foreign body - a stitch which is in your nose and is geting covered by mucus. My doc told me about the stitch, he said i will have to blow it out but didn't say anything about the smell - I had to find it myself. To sum up: to get rid of the odour you have to blow out the stitch (saline rinsing will help - it came out after 7 weeks from the surgery in my case). You will notice it because it's quite big. If you didn't after long time, contact your doc, because it has to come out, it's a foreign body.

i had rhino 5 weeks ago and had the same problem as you - smell and unsuccessful neti pot. last week i sprayed saline water deep in my nostrils couple of times a day and also started sneezing through my nose to try and dislodge any 'plug' of dried blood/mucous that may have formed. also started blowing my nose through both nostrils at the same time...and a huge 'plug' over an inch in length and thicker than a lead pencil came out of my left nostril. the smell is gone now.

Hi , i just w to say that beacuse of NOSE JOB bad smell comes from your Nose and the smell will alway be there beacuse of NOSE JOB. that is  the side effects  of nose job.cause a bad smell breathing from your  nose . 

I would NOT stick anything up your nose post surgery! Call the doctor!

Hi all, I had septoplasty done 4 weeks ago. On week two I began getting a foul odor in my right nostril that smelled like bad cheese/stinky feet. In summary, the cause of this odor was an accumulation of mucus and blood that gathered in a large mass in my nose. If you want to get rid of the odor, you must blow from the back of your sinuses pretty hard. Low and behold, whether you can breathe good or not, you will most likely blow out some rather large masses that you have no idea are up there. For the last week I have done this clearing after nasal rinses with saline and I continue to get these awful large masses out, and the smell is gone. You may have to do it for a couple weeks, but biologically your nasal passages will return to normal. From my experience, there is no way to get the build up out unless you blow pretty hard or go to a surgeon to extract them. The masses could also be leftover sutures or dissolvable packing. For those who have suffered for a while and got scans done, these masses most likely wont show up due to the contents that make them up being too transparent to show up with an x-ray. Best of luck!