Im 45 and my wife always tells me i should be working out and stuff. I know she means no harm , but her complaining has really devastated my self confidence. I really want to get in shape for her and for myself. Since i work a lot i dont have that much time to go the gym nor can i run . I live in an apartment downtown, and going to a track would be the same as going to the gym. So i was thinking of working out at home. And i really dont know how to start. Should i buy a treadmill or some other piece of equipment? Is there anything else i can do without the equipment? Please answer, i want to start doing this asap so i can at least get in some shape before the summer.

Hi, I just wanna say it's really good for you that you have made that decision. I keep telling my husband to do something about his looks but he keeps just waving me off and saying "meh, i'm too old for that s***". I love him and all, and when we met he this really good looking guy with wide shoulders and a six pack. I am not so shallow and i know it's not all about the looks but in the past 10 years he turned into this bloobe like thing. It's just gross. Every time we have an intercourse, im like "just get it done". And i think this has somewhat affected our marriage. I just wanted to say that you should follow on your plan. You will be happy, your wife will be happy and your marriage will be ten times better. Have a nice day.

Hi, I was in exactly the same situation as you are now. My wife even bought me a one year exclusive membership at the gym. So i was forced to go. Since you can't go to the i would highly suggest you get a treadmill at your apartment or even a bike. Bikes are better since you can sit and watch tv and work out. Just put it on the least resistance and watch tv. Thats what i did at the gym, i was there for like 5 hours a week and all i did was riding a bike on the lowest resistance. But little did i know, i started to lose weight :). I lost 25 pounds of pure fat in 4 months. Now i am happy to go the gym and work out. My wife is happy and i am happy. So there you go mate. Just build a habit of working out and you will be fine. Hope this helps