I just took a pregnancy test Sat and it was positive. Now Sunday I saw something in the toilet little and white but I flushed too quick. Immediately after I began to bleed heavily. I am thinking miscarriage. I am 44. Please reply.

Hi AG,

It is possible it was a miscarriage.  Some bleeding is normal during pregnancy but heavy bleeding or cramping needs to be investigated.  Early miscarriages are very common, more so than most women know.

If it is continuing seek emergency medical attention.

See your doctor.

Good luck.

Now it is later in the day and I am still bleeding and have been crampy all day. I was only a few days late and that's why I took the test. Is it possible to have had a false positive? (We are not trying).

See your doctor AG.

It is unlikely that it was a false positive. More likely it is a miscarriage with the bleeding and now cramping. They are common early on. Most women, before home tests, didn't even know they were pregnant and thought it was just a heavy or different period.

I do suspect you are miscarrying. Sorry for your loss.