I suffered my 3rd miscarriage on Wednesday. This is the first one that progressed itself, without having to have a D&C.

My question is this. Last night, I noticed that, although I am not bleeding that much, the blood in my pad is black. I can't seem to find much information on this, so I hope you can help. Is this normal?

Thank you.

(sorry so graphic)

Hi there! Considering that your bleeding is not heavy, that you are not experiencing any blood clots, I reckon that the black blood shouldn’t be much of a big deal. I had a miscarriage a year ago and my bleeding was not black but very dark brown. I hear that if blood/tissue is left too long in the uterus, if it moves slowly, it may oxidize and turn black inside the uterus.

Now, as this is not so common, I would still advise you to call your doctor or set an appointment, just to make sure that an infection hasn’t occurred or something.