So a few months ago I tried riding a bike for the first time in a couple years. I rode for maybe 15 minutes before my sit bones really started hurting. Within the next hour I got this huge boil-looking bump on my inner thigh, right on the edge of my bikini line down near my butt. It was extremely painful and over a few days it turned almost black, formed a deep purple head, burst, and drained dark blood for a few days. I figured it was an infected hair follicle that got irritated by the bike seat.

just a few days ago, I decided to try getting on the bike again. I was on it for maybe 2 minutes before I felt nervous about getting another bump, so I hopped off. The next day I felt a little bump in the exact spot as before. It’s gotten bigger since then, but not as big as it was the first time around. It starts out red and feels like there’s something hard inside, then it gets bigger and turns purple and bruised-looking. I can still feel something hard below all the swelling and fluid. 

I should also mention that both times this bump has appeared a few days before my period. I don’t know if that or the bike has any correlation or if one or both are coincidences. I try to keep the area as clean as possible. I dab it with alcohol, apple cider vinegar, and tea tree oil (not all at once) with a cotton ball a few times a day. I don’t know what else to do or what this thing is!