Hi. I'm seventeen years old and ive always had larger boobs. ive begun to notice that one of them has gone down in size and the other has stayed the same but become more painful. ive felt it and kinda notice a lump but im not entirely sure. its very painful and the size difference feels obvious to me. i want to fix the problem but i dont know what to do. people have suggested seeing a doctor but i dont wanna go and be told its nothing. plus i dont rlly want anyone touching my boobs, doctor or not. any suggestions?

Ill see if I can get Bambi to help you.

Hi honey! Many girls breast sizes fluctuate while going through puberty! You have about another 2 years for them to settle down to their "adult" size!

NOW! With one that has gone down in size - how much would you say eg. a cup size, just a small similarity etc.! Keeping in mind that we ALL have 1 smaller breast than the other! Just like every other part of our body!

With the painful lump, I would hazzard a couple of guesses - 1 a blocked milk duct, 2 a blocked sebacous gland, 3 a infected ingrown hair! It can also depend on IF you are on birth control, or have painful periods! There are TONNES of reasons why we have lumps and bumps and pain etc. especially in a sensitive area as our breasts!

I know you don't want to have a doctor touch you - BUT at 17 I would advise you getting yearly check ups and then they too will be aware of any changes in your body! There are a lot of female doctors, so phone your local womens hospital and ask for names of female doctors accepting patients! This is a lot easier for you to handle than a strange man touching them even though he is a professional!

So PLEASE go get checked out, IF the bump is an infected cyst you will need antibiotics and your doctor can also assess you to see why your 1 breast has gone down in size! It's part of good health practices OK? Dont' think of them touching you, think of it as a means to an end - that they are makign sure you remain healthy!

Please let me know how you make out honey! Good luck!

aw thanks that helps so much. im gonna call the doctor tomorrow and she was she says :) i hope its not too serious. 
thanks again, ill keep u posted and i am on bc its been recalled a bunch of times i hear so im kinda worried about it and its gone down about a cup size. ill wear a b bra and the left boob will be squished while the right has enough room for my fist to fit.

but yeah ill see what the doc says, thanks for the suggestions :)