HAD TWO SURGERIES ON MY RIGHT FOOT (BUNIONECTOMY WITH A SCREW INSTALLED AND THE REMOVAL OF A NEUROMA BETWEEN THE 3RD AND 4TH TOE). AND AM AT DAY #10. MY MAIN CONCERN IS THE NUMBNESS IN THE FOOT DUE TO THE NEUROMA (NERVE) BEING REMOVED. IT JUST FEELS WEIRD DUE TO THE NUMBNESS AND SWELLING. I BELIEVE IT WILL GET BETTER WITH TIME AND WHEN THE SWELLING GOES DOWN SOME. I WAS HAVING A STABBING PAIN IN MY GROIN FROM THE NEUROMA, SO I FELT THAT I HAD NO CHOICE BUT THE SURGERY TO REMOVE THE NERVE.

I WAS GIVEN TRAMADOL FOR PAIN, BUT HAD TO CALL THE DOC FOR STRONGER MEDS (HYDROCODONE) ON THE 2ND AND 3RD DAY DUE TO STABBING PAIN AT THE BUNION SITE. THE HYDROCODONE WAS ONLY ADEQUATE.  PERCODAN OR SIMILAR WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. THE PAIN SUBSIDED SOME ON THE 4TH /5TH DAY AND AM NOW BACK TO THE TRAMADOL.

I HAVE BEEN USING THE 1 CRUTCH TO KEEP SOME OF THE WEIGHT OFF THE FOOT AND AM WEARING THE SURGICAL SHOE AT ALL TIMES WHEN WALKING. THE DOC REMINDED ME AT THE 1 WEEK CHECK-UP TO STAY OFF THE FOOT AND KEEP IT ELEVATED AT ALL TIMES!

I WILL HAVE THE STITCHES REMOVED WEEK 3 AND ALSO AM GOING TO HAVE PHYSICAL THERAPY STARTING AT WEEK 4. I BELIEVE THE P.T. IS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET THE FLEXIBILITY BACK.

AS FOR SICKNESS AFTER SURGERY, MOST HOSPITALS AND DOCS CAN AND WILL ADD AN ANTI-NAUSEA ADDITIVE (BENEDRIL?) TO THE DRUGS USED TO PUT A PATIENT UNDER. I DID LEARN TO ASK FOR THIS TO ENSURE NO NAUSEA AFTER SURGERY AFTER HAVING A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A PREVIOUS SURGERY.

I DID HAVE BUNION SURGERY (ONLY THE SHAVING OF THE BUNION) ON THE LEFT FOOT 6 YRS AGO AND IT WENT A LOT QUICKER AND EASIER THAN THIS ONE.

I WILL UPDATE AND MAYBE TAKE A PIC IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO. ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE ASK