Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with endocarditis of the right heart. He is hospitalized and I think that he has been receiving gentamicin and oxacilline. I wonder if this can help with this condition. Can anyone help me with this? I will really appreciate all your replies. Bye, folks!

Hello to you too. I think that it is good that your friend has been hospitalized. Endocarditis is a serious condition and requires a hospital treatment. I think that he got a good combination of antibiotics. Oxacillin is a penicillin drug. It is the antibiotic of first choice when it comes to endocarditis. Gentamicin is an aminoglycoside. It mostly affects Gram negative bacteria. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!

Hi, folks. I would agree with the previous post. Penicillin drugs are very important in the treatment of endocarditis. Gentamicin will cover bacteria that are Gram negative. Rest is also very important. Since this is a life threatening condition, it is good that your friend is in hospital. Only there he will get a proper care. I hope this helps. Good luck to him! Bye!

Hi, everyone. I suppose that your friend has endocarditis of the right atrio-ventricular valve. I don’t know if you knew, but this is common mostly for intravenous drug addicts. Are you sure that your friend hasn’t been using any kind of drug? It will be a big problem for him if he has. You should talk with his doctor regarding this. I hope that this is only false alarm. Please, let me know what you find out. Good luck with all! Bye!