WOW, that was SO WRONG! If your cervix is open during pregnancy, that is a sign of labor... Your cervix should remain closed until your body is ready to deliver the baby. The closed cervix is what protects the fetus from infection. With an opened cervix, your chances of your water breaking is extremely high--which could be life threatening to you and your fetus in early pregnancy. SHOW is a sign of ovulation. The "pregnancy" doesn't medically exist until the fetus has implanted and at that point, the cervix should already be closed.

Before posting things on the internet, one should research their information to be sure it is correct. By failing to do so, you could be causing someone to miss facts and assume that they aren't experiencing changes that do occur in pregnancy. This could lead to them not seeking medical attention until later in the pregnancy, which can be critical. Please do not mislead anyone with false information. Be sure what you believe to be correct is actually correct before posting. Thanks.

Duh,stop clarifying cus SHOW means ovulation,and women don't have miscarriage! You shouldn't give advice if you're ignorant yourself! Women have lots of questions when they become pregnant,and they seek meaningful,educated answers.you sound like a woman who's bitter and having fertility issues yourself,cus your answers are cold and uneducated. Any way,women, the cervix closes when you become pregnant to keep sperm and other bacteria from entering the womb. It can feel open at times,but it remains blocked and sealed up with the mucus plug,until you go into labor,or in the beginning stages or labo, it is expelled. I'm about 3-4 wks pregnant, and I know,because of my cervical change and cm. If you pay attention to your body,which most women should, its not hard to notice when you become pregnant,even if its too early. My cervix became high soft and closed,with thick cm,to prevent sperm from traveling to my uterus. It stayed this way during what would be my normal ovulation days,then my nipples became very sore,mid ov days. I know I'm pregnant because of this,because my cervix didn't open on my ov day. So I'm not even expecting af this month. You have to pay attention to your body, because every woman is different,and so is every pregnancy. Don't listen to everyone,research yourself,and compare your own symptoms,and you will know. Cus only you know what you go through. Baby dust to all,I should be expecting my bundle of joy,late Oct!

Hello, no offence but in cases like some on here you should always go to the GP if their are any concerns. I know there is alot of advise on the net but when it comes to health and especially if you are pregnant and think you are may be miscarrying always consult you doctor. Yes it is good to talk to people who are going through similar experiences but definatly go to the GP to get checked out.
Sorry to be such a bore but i have had a bad experience from taking advise from sites like this so please please please any concerns at all ask professionals. Good luck to everyone and hope all is well.

ok i was wondering about the cervix as well. one of my friends once told me about checking it when i missed a eriod once.. it was long thin and very firm.. Since when i was pregnant the hormones didnt show on a hpt for about 8 to nine weeks after being pregnant I wanted to know sooner than that. I have been on many sites and they all say the same thing.. BUt it isnt really too clear due to the fact that women have changes at different times.. My cervix is short very thick and soft.. Usually before my period or after its long thin and hard.. So I really dont know what to make of it.. I guess I am gonna go to the doc. Since there dosent seem to be an honest answer to the cervix question.

When you are pregnant, your cervix will produce more mucus and it will the thicker. The body's purpose for this is to keep anything foreign (including semen) from entering and harming the fetus. Not that semen would harm it since that's how it all started to begin with, but it keeps anything out. Should anything permeate through the thicker protective cervical mucus, the cervix still remains closed for the duration of the pregnancy up until the end when it begins to dilate in preparation for childbirth.

Ya know ur really not as smart as u think?! Show means u r in ur fertile stage not pregnant? How would ur cervix b open if u were pregnant??????????

I suggest ladies you have a look at this website so you can stop arguing about open/closed cervix. Enjoy!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

That is not true. It is "Show" during labor. Women who are "show" during pregnancy are more likely to lose the baby.

anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

So....once you are pregnant, will the cervix block semen from entering the uterus then? I have noticed that after sex, semen will come out of me hours later like it was just stuck in there. Not normal. Always think I am peeing my pants.

this happens to me, but only if i visit 3-4 guys in a night. if it's just my husband, or my boyfriend, it doesn't happen.

Okay I find this persons reply really inappropriate and uncalled for...disgusting.

Yeah but it was funny! All woman leak afterwards. Your vagina can only hold so much...but I dont think its felt as though I was peeing. But I think she was just exaggerating..

I know your cervix turns blue when your pregnant, but does anyone know how early? Would it be around the same time as you would show a + on a HPT?

anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Ugh tell me about it, this woman is sick and even sicker for posting it!!! every monday morning at the STD clinic for her!!!

your just a hoe i mean really why would you broadcast that over the internet

not everyone believes the same morals as you...... if she has multiple partners thats her right.

wow...not much help are y'all. Typical women. I tell you what...it amazes me how unlogical y'all are...not sure if that even a word but whatev. Very horrible forum.

Hello, I read all the posts above. Thank you to the OBGYN for the post, however, this forum is for the public and not all members will be to ones liking. There are those of us that appreciate the opportunity to share information but opinions of other posts are irrelevant so please ignore it or keep it to yourself.

Back to the cerix, What does it mean if a week after ovulation the cervix is high and soft and open?