Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

So....once you are pregnant, will the cervix block semen from entering the uterus then? I have noticed that after sex, semen will come out of me hours later like it was just stuck in there. Not normal. Always think I am peeing my pants.

this happens to me, but only if i visit 3-4 guys in a night. if it's just my husband, or my boyfriend, it doesn't happen.

Okay I find this persons reply really inappropriate and uncalled for...disgusting.

lmao!!! I could stop laughing at what that gurl wrote. I can't believe someone could even post that. But back to the topic. I was having some clear slimmy mucus discharge for a couple of days are so(can't really recall) and then i had this really horrible pain on my lower left pelvic area so i went in and got it checked out. The doctor said my cervix is blue and my urine and blood test came out negative for pregnancy. Plus i got my tubes tied 5 months ago, but Im having doubts and I think i might be pregnant! =0 I've been reading that bluish cervix is an early sign of pregnancy and all this other stuff... IDK i just want to hear what ya'll have to say about that or think. =D

Guest wrote:
Okay, it has been 7 days exact since ive had unprotected sex, and i think i am pregnant. So say if i conceived and a few hours later it feels like i am peeing myself but when i look it looks like snot that means it left over sperm that the Uterus didnt let in after some got thruogh it? Im sorry to ask so much, but im only 15 and i would like to know. My mother is wanting me to go to the doctor and have them look and see if it is closed. So please any help out there id love to have! Thanks (:

Guest Wrote: 

Jess- If you have only had unprotected sex 7 days ago, it is way too soon to tell if you are pregnant. There are some pregnancy tests that can tell you up to 5 days before your missed period- but even now if you are pregnant, your hormone levels are not nearly as high as they should be to give you any symptoms. I know this was posted on the 19th of July, and word yet?

I've studied my body and studied with a lot of natural midwives and health practitioners.. For anyone who says ONLY A DOCTOR, AND THERES NO WAY TO TELL.. is uninformed and misgueded..yes there are exceptions and everyone is different..but get educated and learn your body..if you want to do natural fertility monitoring the best way is to know the signs and symptoms and understand things..then when you have a strong inclination it isn't guided by fear worry or concern, but a strong education of personal conviction to know what is going on with you and you certainly can know what is going on with your body.

your cervix does not open and close during your cycle or pregnancy, it changes in texture i.e becomes softer or harder, your discharge also changes in texture to aid the journey of sperm. for mutlips (women who have had more than one baby) their cervix may remain 1-2cm open after the birth of their first baby even during any further pregnancies. when you become pregnant a mucoid plug develops within the cervical os (the opening of the cervix) to protect against infection etc. this plug is what is known as a 'show' during the end of pregnancy/labour. during labour your cervix will eface and dilate (become shoter, softer, thinner and open) until it reaches 10cm fully dilated.

in relation to miscarriages, the first trimester of pregnancy can be viewed as the most complex. it is during this period of time that intense changes are occuring. your body is transorming sperm and an egg into a little fully functioning human bein all under the influence of hormones. it is such a complex process  even the tiniest thing can have massive consequences. it is difficult to determine the causes of each individual miscarriage but your cervix being slightly open is more than likely the least responsable.

Your uterus is made up of muscle, during pregnancy your muscles become more relaxed under the influence of hormones, allowing your uterus to to stretch with the growing baby.

This is my personal recent experience.  I have been checking my cervix for quite a while now.  I started to noticed about a week before period was due there was alot of smooth paste like cm & a little enlargement of the cervix.  Got + preg test at 4.5 wks, at this time there was definately more softening & enlarging, pasty cm.  Unfortunately at 5.5 wks started to notice changes to the cervix that were for the worse.  Found the cervix was shrinking that (was tuesday) by thursday started bleeding by friday miscarried. 
I think I am pregnant again even though I still have a week til period due to the cervix & mucus changes.
Hope this helps, as I said this is my experience.

I am trying for a baby for the second time.I have polycystic ovary syndrome (P.C.O.S) which meant I tried for three years last time and only became pregnant with the help of Clomid. This time around it's been a year. I know when I ovulate the cm is clear, slippery and egg white in consistency. I recall during the changes in my cervix last time my cervix was lower and easier to reach whilst ovulating.The opening at the top was big enough to feel and I guess it would have been possible to insert the tip of my fingertip. When I became pregnant it was harder to reach, smoother and I couldn't feel the opening. It does not close as such but a mucus plug is formed obviously preventing loss. Many women report losing their "mucus plug" when labour is imminent. I did not notice this (my waters didn't break until the last 20 minutes of labour even after 19 hours of it) Everyone is different.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***
Only a positive pregnancy test will put your mind at rest. The symptoms I had at the very beginning of my pregnancy could just have easily been passed off as something else. Hope this helps. It is just my experience.

Guest wrote: Oh for crying out loud people, so much for sex ed doing any good. Ejaculate becomes thicker for a time to help it stay where it is meant to be. About 20 minutes after, it turns more liquid again & that is when you get that leaking feeling.

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

I agree! extremely disturbling.

cervix stays closed in preg,,i need to have a cervical stitch put in as  i lost a baby at 28 wks..after op on cervix a few yrs ago..it made it shorter and opened to early....the stitch i had put in last yr held baby in and i have a healty baby girl now

eeeewwww thats disgusting!!!

yeah who the hell would admit to have a DH & a boyfriend for that matter?!?! some folks have NO class

I have 2 bf and dh

No during ovulation it is SHOW... During pregnancy it is closed.