I’m a 34-year-old man. Two days before while I was coming back from work by foot, rain started and I’ve been soaked to the skin.
The day after I felt my throat was very sore.
I got this sore throat and my right gland swelled up. I could not eat a thing and my throat swelled up.
I wonder what could cause this? I supposed I got cold the night before but I’ve had so many times in my life and this was nothing like it.
This time my throat gland was much more swollen than earlier and I couldn’t speak or eat this time.
I can't believe this could be simple cold. What can be the reason?

From the data, you mention I can only say that you’re probably experiencing symptoms caused by your night in the rain.
Because it is clearly that you got your symptoms the day later. Sometimes, your organism is well prepared for some infection and sometimes it is not.
Immune status can vary from day to day and that’s why you are having more troubles this time with same symptoms like earlier in life.
Of course, there are many other possible causes of your throat gland swelling. Glands can also swell following an injury, such as a cut or bite, near the gland or when a tumor or infection occurs in the mouth, head, or neck. So you must think about these causes also and try to connect them with you.
Probably, best thing for you to do is to seek for medical help, determine real cause and start with appropriate treatment.