Hey,

For those of you who had (or have) all kind of skin problems, you know how embarrassed and uncomfortable they can make you feel… I’m a 21 yr old girl and I tend to be insecure because of my skin problems. At first sight, nobody could say that I have anything (for example, I don’t have acne or something that instantly pops-up to your eyes)… but I know every inch of my body and I realize that I have skin problems in some areas.
To explain you better – I think I might have too much hair on my body – I went to an endocrinologist, and I have also asked my dermatologist’s opinion about this – they both have said that this is simply “my type”, that I have nothing serious to worry about, and that I have no hormonal problems.
Anyway, disliking the hair on my body (which I think it is not esthetic at all), I have tried numerous ways of getting rid of it. This destroyed the skin on my legs… I have tried shaving, hair removal cream, wax, tweezers…nothing seems to suit my needs. My skin seems to be very sensitive. Right now, I’m having many red dots on my legs; I also have many scars, ingrowns and black dots. My skin is healing so slowly. On one side, I know that it’s my fault because I never let those scars heal, but on the other side I think it’s hideous to let hair growing on my legs (until those scars heal, not forever). I wax down there as well – I started to have the same problem…my skin gets irritated and the hair grows faster and faster. I’m desperate…
Another problem I have – 3 months ago I used wax all over my bottom (I know it was stupid), some days after, small pimples started to appear on it… Now I can’t even get rid of those. I’m having a good hygiene, a normal diet, I wear cotton panties and so on…they’re still there.
So, basically my problem is that I have too much hair in unwanted areas – I’ve tried getting rid of it, but I ended up with many scars on my skin. My skin gets easily irritated, it heals extremely slowly and the hair grows faster and faster. Lately, I’m trying to stop removing my hair, and give my skin some time to heal. But I’m very disappointed when I see how fast my hair grows, how ugly it looks and how my skin haven’t healed yet.
I will go to my dermatologist again, but until then, can you help me out somehow - how can I help my skin to heal, how can I take care of it, and how could I remove the hair I dislike so much…
Seriously, any advice/ answer is appreciated.
Thank you

P.S. – I was thinking about laser hair removal, but due to several reasons, it is not an available option for me, at this moment.

Hi sally,
Do you have dry skin? If your skin is too dry then the injuries are more like to appear and they will heal slower.

Also your pimple problem might be ingrown hairs. You should really give your skin some time to heal it self.

Thank you, and yes, the skin on my legs (at least) is dry... I'm going to try letting my skin heal, and when I'll start waxing or shaving again, I'll use more body lotion. Thanks for your idea ;-)

Have you tried any hydration creams? I had a friend who had problems with dry skin and she used some cream (don't remember the name :-( ) and she is much better now.