I hope it worked for you, and good luck with your test flight, ive been to doctors today, she gave me some antibiotics, so fingers crossed the noise will stop,

I would be interested in knowing how you made out. I had tubes inserted January 16 and it has been a nightmare since then. I had muffled hearing - ENT Dr. told me to use hydroperoxide 3% as my tube was blocked by antibiotic drops. Then the tube in my right ear fell out and I was feeling deaf in my right ear.......now the ENT Dr. has me on 20 mg of Prednisone once per day for 7 days. If I had known this would happen I would have left well enough alone as I had perfect hearing. This is day 3 of prednisone and time will tell. Horrible situation

and I am not happy with my ENT Dr. at all.

Good grief this is terrible but glad I'm not alone. Grommets put in for a blocked Eustachian tube. Operation 3 days ago under General Anaesthetic. Did have horrible pressure symptoms which were interfering with life in all respects and long period off work since sinusitis in October 

Now, 
horrible pressure on ears and roof of mouth still there - teeth aching - feel like they are not "not my own" 
wooshing sound obvious at night like own heartbeat
worse hearing - feels like I am in a big empty room 
my own voice muffled like cotton wool 
dryness of mouth and lips - stickiness of saliva sticking lips together. small mouth ulcers developing x 2
am anxious and getting very concerned
poor sleep, exhausted, 
pain relief  - ibuprofen and paracetamol
given up on steroids which ulcerated my nose before the op
antibiotics were useless as it was a virus in the first place

How much longer ?? 

Hi sorry to here your having same problems as me, it's been a month since I had the grommet put in my right ear, the whooshing in that ear has subsided quite a bit, but my left ear " which has caused me problems for years" I had a grommet put in that ear in December, and the whoosing in that ear it's terrible at night quite loud! And its hard getting to sleep and staying asleep! I go back to see my consultant in march and will leave an update on this site as to what he says is the problem for the whoosing, I regret having them done and would sooner have suffered with the pain then this awfull "cotton wool" feeling and whoosing i find the whoosing the worst, as days go by you get used to the muffled sound in your head, I did a bit of research on the Internet and found that a poor diet and lack of vitams could be the cause of sinus, and ear problems so I've changed my diet and started taking vitamins to combat the mucus build up, if only I could stop the whoosing noise I would feel much better, it's not as bad as when I first had the grommet in, I thought I was going mad it was sending me crazy, Ive started sleeping with ear plugs in at night and playing some soft relaxing music which helps drown out the whoosing.

Many thanks, I am now thinking the same - that maybe should have been more patient before Grommetts but you never know do you?
Agreed on the diet thing. Plenty of vitamins C and try manuka honey with freshly squeezed lemon juice. I thought I was beginning to win before the grommetts but felt they would kick it into touch -
Trying to be patient but the pressure on my upper teeth is so horrible at the moment. Clicking ears and little reduction in pressure so guess the mucous is clogging them. Does anyone know if ENT dept will clear them somehow without replacing - I suppose they will advise ear drops?

Now I have a sinus infection and on antibiotics.  I still have the whoosing sound in my right ear and think I should have left well enough alone.

I suffered the deafness for about two months, it eventually went away. Thankfully.  Then I also used a spray at night, Nasonex, to prevent the hayfever, fluid build up.

Thanks , I used Nasonex before when I first saw ENT specialist but found that it just ulcerated my nose badly.

Sempie, I hope the antibiotics work for you on the sinus infection. If it is bacterial and secondary to the sugery it may well do the job. ;-)

Very slight improvement today but similar symptoms of pressure still, ongoing clicking and the horrible muffled and empty space type hearing. I really thought Grommetts would provide some sort of instant improvement. Sadly not need to try and go to work and not sure how. Any practical advise welcome. i have tried chewing gum and sucking sweets regular drinks but still very difficult to manage in meetings and warm offices. Grrrr

It took about 2 months for my hearing to get back to some sort of normality but I still think my voice sounds louder in my head and bass noises are painful. I can't really give any advice but to talk to your ENT.
Gabby

Hi

I had one fitted on the 9th of Feb and here we are the 27th and like you I am having the same trouble at night when I lay down with the fluid I keep wondering how long this is going to go on also I have this noise inmy head and I can hear my self breath.

I thnk it will drive me crazy if they cant do something with itI se my consultant in another four weeks

Grommetts not working very ( Now 10 days post op) well at all and am certain the right one is blocked. Presuure symptoms continue but the wooshing noises improved after about 5 or six days post op. Most problems associated with pressure pulling at roof of mouth and clicking noises still in ears unless I suck sweets or chew gum. This is very depressing. Will update each week any progreass or not. ENT say it is normal to still have pressure symptoms 7 days post op

This is a rollercoaster of a recovery - felt reasonable for a few days and now the problem with blocking grommets is back with a vengeance :( Ear clicking, tenacious sticky saliva/mucous. Not much relief today Back on some anti histamines as think its worse with the tree pollen out now?

Maybe it was eomthing in the weather or atmosphere like you said cus I woke up on Saturday morning and it sounded like I had a very small steam train in my ear. but it was gone by Sunday.

HI all. I had my third grommett inserted 8 days ago. And this is the worst ever! I had grommett for ETD and vertigo, which the previous two grommetts resolved nicely. (the previous grommett were done under local anesthetic, this one under general). However this time is sooo different, woke up with the full feeling, infected within two days, started drops, ciloxan, still on them. Now two days ago, developed the deaf feeling. And vertigo is only slightly improved. Don't have the swooshing sound much.

Must say that the first grommett was really interesting experience. Sounds were hyper loud for about two months and swooshing at night (I had to wear ear plugs in shopping centres and could hear whispers in the next room!). It did settle and was great until it came out at about 6mhts.

But this time!!! I have to wonder how different the procedure is done when under a general anesthetic. The local procedure is so quick and effective, not a problem at all, but very painful for 2 seconds and you have to keep absolutely still.

I go on holidays next week, but now the excitement has turned to concern, coz my left ear is deaf.