After starting out on the machines, I've switched to using free weights for my arm curls. And my left side is weak (at least compared to my right side). My left bicep fatigues midway thru 2nd set while my right bicep can continue on until conclusion of the third set with out a problem. (I'm right-handed, so I can figure out why this happened.)

Should I work with lower dumbbells for both arms until I can complete three sets of arm curls with good form? Or should I just work on the left bicep for awhile to build it up (independent of the right bicep)?

I would pick a weight my weakest arm can do for a full three sets. Do your left arm first and when you do your right do not go past where your left arm had to stop.

I like to do alternating dumbell curls. Then once one arm fails, I stop. It should take long to balance out.

Tribob's advice is good. You could switch to a barbell for curls to help even out the differences.

Good advice above. took me a while to get them evened out but they will get there.

I'm having this trouble, but with my abs and my arms. I've been concentrating on my upper body because of injury and the right side is just stronger. The lifting issue seemed to be resolved just lifting more with my left arm, but the ab issue is stil there. I do the same amount of crunches on both sides, yet they aren't developing evenly. I don't know if I should be doing more on my left side or just do more advanced crunches.

Train the weaker side first. You will be fresh and it will help keep your technique clean and you might get a few extra reps out of it. Your strong side will probably keep up; but, another way to help balance out differences.