I had a McBride Bunionectomy 1 week ago and am already sort of walking- well limping around!
I'm an exercise freak! anyone else have this surgery like me??? What'd you do to get back fast? Does PT help? Anybody do Pilates after surgery?

Hi there! I had bunion surgery and got back to the gym quickly. Try starting out with the bike. If that's comfortable and not causing pain, move to the elliptical. I wouldn't try running on it until there is no more tenderness around the joint, 2-4 months. But it is definitely possible to get back into a normal exercize routine. I found the pilates and yoga is great as long as you're watching the pressure around the toe and it's not painful.

dont overdo.. I had a bilateral bunionectomy done, and I moved my workouts to the pool.. deep water fitness.. no impact.. and its a great complete workout.i was also still able to wear my compression wrap while doing it.It was about 3 months before the swelling had subsided enough for me to get real shoes on . ive since done pilates, but wouldnt reccommend it the for a couple months be patient.. the longer you allow it to realy heal, the better off youll be.... also, too much exersion can hinder the healing process..i also alternated heat and cold while i was lounging around. worked great on edema. :)