Has anyone had any experience with either of these doctors? Or do you recommend any other plastic surgeons in the NYC area? My main aesthetic concern is my droopy tip. I also have a deviated septum, which makes my nose tilt to one side, a small bump, and a slightly wide bridge. I have a consultation booked for Dr. Baker. I have heard good things about him but cannot see before and after pictures until I go to the consult so I don't know exactly what to think. He is also almost 70, which I don't know if I should be worried about or not. I have only heard good things about Dr. Guida so I am probably going to schedule a consultation with him. I already had two other consults with Dr. Jennifer Levine and Dr. Samieh Rizk but did not feel like either of them were the right choice for me. I have done extensive research and have narrowed it down to Dr. Baker and Dr. Guida. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi there.  I went through a similar experience with a year of research before having almost the same surgery....And I am so happy to say that I went to Dr. Guida.  I had septoplasty and sinus surgery with him about 7 and a half months ago and I can't tell you how great everything has been.  I didn't really have any issues with how my nose looked but I had been suffering with sinus infections every couple of months for about 5 years and just couldn't take it anymore.  My ENT doc wasn't a surgeon so he gave me Dr. Guida's name along with another doctor (Dr. Bennett) but before making consultation appointments, I wanted to check out as many NYC nose docs as possible. Dr. Bennett hasn't been around very long so I felt uneasy about how much experience he has---so I understand how you feel about the older doctor. Too young is no good, neither is too old.  I kept coming back to Dr. Guida.  I researched Dr. Risk (spelling???) as well but he just seemed like he was all about advertising but not really too respected by other doctors and that made a real difference for me.  When I first met with Dr. Guida, he immediately knew what my problems were. I brought him my old cat scans and he explained every picture to me and told me why I was sick all of the time. He just knew exactly what my issues were and exactly what to do.  He is really nice and will explain every last detail to you which really makes such a difference.  Because this is my face and I have heard horror stories, knowing that he was a plastic surgeon AND an ENT surgeon made the most sense.  The way his assistant explained it to me was perfect...a plastic surgeon can make you look good but you might not be able to breathe and an ENT can make you breathe great, but you might not look so great. Dr. Guida can do both the inside and the outside at the same time.  Anyway, I love my nose now.  I figured, while he was doing my septum, I might as well get my tip a little nicer (I have a small nose but the tip is sort of rounded and while I didn't hate it, I didn't love it either!!)  Looks wise--it's exactly what I wanted and even though the first week after surgery, I was really stuffed and I had a headache for a few days, I can honestly say I feel better than I have felt in YEARS!!!!!  Usually, this time of year is tough for me because my allergies start to kick in, but nothing so far. AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ON AN ANTIBIOTIC SINCE THE ONE I TOOK FOR SURGERY!!!!  Go to Dr. Guida. He really knows his stuff and is so nice and patient.  I couldn't imagine anyone going to anyone else for nose surgery.  Oh and the ladies in the office are awesome.  I have kids so working around my schedule is really tough but Josie always managed to get me in and out. He worked with my insurance, which I was worried about because you hear how all the best docs don't take insurance.  It was, from start to finish, a really easy process and I think it's because this is pretty much all they do there.  My husband is thinking of going in for Sinus too.  (He snores!!!!)  Good Luck to you.

Hi melcs, It's 2 years later now and I have the exact same dilemna that you had then.. I am hesitating between the 2. Mine however is a revision rhinoplasty. I did my 1st with Philip Miller and the results were good but with some flaws, the bump gone but the nose unecessarily widened at the top. I want to fix that. Have you had a surgery with either of those 2? how was your experience and do you like the result? Thank you very much.

hello, melcs. I'm in the same boat. Which doctor did you end up going with, and are you happy?

HI did you decide on who you are going to go with?