I am considering getting a Rhinoplasty done by Dr Pieter Swanepoel in Pretoria, South Africa. However I am unable to find any kind of reviews about other peoples expereince or his reputation on the internet. I would love to find out more . . respond if you have any had any experience with Dr Swanapel of know of anyone who has. Thanks so much. 

I too am looking for reviews. Did you find anything?

NO!!!  I have not come across anything and would love to hear some feed back on other peoples experience.  Maybe someone can recommend another forum or feed which we could post on for a bettter reponse ??  Thanks 

You can check out realself (the nose clinic) but some of the comments/reviews are so scathing they are deleted...

Hi I had surgery with Dr P Swanepoel. About 12 years ago, he had to repeat the procedure 3x times and still does not look like the photos he showed me that it would look like.
The fist time he said the implant he did was rejected by my body (this was quite a shock as i didnt even know he would use doner bones in me and why not take some from my body or at least test adaptability first) and the second time he said he couldn't lift my nose too much as he wouldn't know what to do with the skin next to the nose. I Didnt realy understand what he meant but made me feel like I am stupid. The third time I wasn't bothered going back. I bruised easy and took long to heal I was also getting depressed and Dr Swanepoel was not the most patient person, even though it didn't look like the promised pictures it was better than I had before and just living with it now. He could have told me that the operation might look different to the picktures then my expectations would have been lowered. Clearly a lack of communication.

Hi I would like to send you a private message but don't have the option. Please can you send me a private message and then perhaps i can respond to it? I'm also one of Dr Swanepoel's patients.

Hi, im scheduled to go for a nose op at dr Swanepoel 1st of september. I'm also concerned that i can not find any reviews about him

Please could you let me know how it goes? I'm scheduled in for November

There are nine people (that I know of!) who have made negative statements about their experience with dr Swanepoel and a further two who wrote negative reviews with similarities to some of these above-mentioned people but these two did not name their doctor directly.

Hi Angie,
I am also considering being operated by this doctor. Would you be kind enough to contact me. thank you in advance

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I'm also interested in getting some reviews on Dr Swanepoel my operation is in march 2016. Can you pla send me your email address

Please contact me ! Thank you so much

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

No. I am not familiar with any surgeons in South Africa. I had done my nose narrowing rhinoplasty in Toronto a couple of years ago and my surgeon was Dr. Oakley Smith. Maybe you can find your surgeon’s reviews in some review sites like realself.

I'm scheduled for a nose operation and chin implant next month, should I be concerned? This is the first negative review

This is NOT the first negative review – it is the first negative review you know of. There are now ten people (I know of) who have made negative statements about their experience with dr Swanepoel and a further two who wrote negative reviews with similarities to some of these above-mentioned people but these two did not name their doctor directly. At least you cannot claim you weren't informed. Only the best of luck with your surgery. :)