Dear friends, I have heard that Dr Peter Scott in Morningside Sandton is the best plastic surgeon in SA for Rhinoplasty. (He is recommended by surgeons in Cape Town) can anyone let me know if they have had their rhinoplasty done with him and what the results were like. Thank you

Hi, did you end up getting a rhinoplasty and if so were you happy?

Hi, I got rhinoplasty two years ago, from Dr Scott, and was not happy at all, my nose is not different al all. A subsequent plastic surgeon that I consulted is of the opinion that Dr Scott did nothing at all, apart from cutting my nose open. It was a long and painful recovery and I have had no benefit except a swollen nose that is bigger than it was before.

Hi, no I was nit happy with the outcome of my rhynoplasty at all. 18 months on my nose is skew and larger than before the extensive and expensive operation.

No, I was certainly not happy with the outcome of my operation, and by all standards it was not a successful operation, even according to subsequent surgeons whom I consulted. My nose is now skew, which it was not before the operation. It also is not smaller, which it was meant to have been.

So sorry to read this , how disappointing for you . Thank you for your feedback .

No didn't end up getting surgery in the end , it just felt too risky . I guess I chickened out . Still keeping an eye out for the dr that everyone seems happy with.

Hi, to answer your question: no Dr Scott is not the best surgeon. He may have been in the past, but now there are younger, more dynamic surgeons who use more modern techniques and care more about their patients’ outcomes. My rhinoplasty done by Dr Scott 5 years ago, had to be fixed two years ago by another surgeon. I went abroad to do the revision and am very happy now that Dr Scott’s mistakes are fixed. Hope this helps.

Very arrogant and just wants your money!! Charges 700% times higher than medical aid rates. Keeps trying to push more and more unnecessary surgeries on patients who do not need it!! I am lucky he was only 1 third of the surgical team and a quarter (this includes the dedicated anaesthetist who has known me a long time). The amount of work needed to be done by Dr Scott was minimal - just a touch up of a rhinoplasty. I was born with a craniofacial syndrome, so it was a full facial reconstruction. The other two surgeons were a craniofacial surgeon (who is double certified as a plastic surgeon - has no ego, is a lovely lady who has trained all over the world... she will give patients all the time they need - also charges normal rates) and lastly an ENT. A lot of the surgery helped with facial symmetry which helps with breathing, eating and speech. Everyone was happy after surgery when I was on the table (I was told so by my anaesthetist). When Dr Scott came up to the ward, he also said he was happy. However, when I went back to Dr Peter Scott, he told me with a straight face everything that was wrong with my nose and how I would need to have a big surgery done by him. Unfortunately I had seen my craniofacial surgeon before me - who only had praises and had me smiling big time. Then I went to Dr Scott who broke my spirits with just a few words!! This is unacceptable!! I’m 25 and it has affected me deeply!! I can only imagine being 10 years younger (when you’re born with a syndrome like mine, that’s when they do the nose op), comments like that will have serious psychological damage!!!

It doesn’t matter whether you have a craniofacial syndrome or just need cosmetic syndrome I highly recommend YOU DO NOT use this money hungry man!! There is a wonderful surgeon in the block opposite him.

That difference is no thanks to Peter Scott!!

Thanks for kindly taking the time to let us know your experience. To have to have a revision years down the line sounds both distressing and costly . I am sorry to read this.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and share your experience . I hope it can help people who are considering surgery as much as it has me . I am sorry your spirits were let down when you were told what was wrong after enduring an extensive surgery and initially feeling happy with the result ! :( Your experience can help others so thank you for sharing it with us.

Apprentice

I think you can get a clear picture about Dr. Peter Scott rhinoplasty as the reviews that most of the people have given of  their experience ...